Atlanta's Mercedes Benz Stadium goes cashless

2 hours ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Honestly, even though I'm young, I prefer cash. Its something tangible (which I also prefer), and its harder to steal an identity with the use of cash.

Less worry of keeping all those transactions tracked too unless you check on line day by day.

Went our one night and had a phone call from credit card company when we got home. Wondered if I had charged $7000 for two tickets to other side of the world two hours ago. Called right back to say hell no cancel that charge then had to clean my pants if you get my drift. Next day signed the legal paperwork and had the card cancelled. What made me a target was I had good credit so company kept upping my limit. Now have a low limit and charge only what I have to. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Less worry of keeping all those transactions tracked too unless you check on line day by day.

Went our one night and had a phone call from credit card company when we got home. Wondered if I had charged $7000 for two tickets to other side of the world two hours ago. Called right back to say hell no cancel that charge then had to clean my pants if you get my drift. Next day signed the legal paperwork and had the card cancelled. What made me a target was I had good credit so company kept upping my limit. Now have a low limit and charge only what I have to. 

Yeah, this is exactly what I'm afraid of. Its so easy in this day and age to just open accounts in other people's name or to skim credit cards (a big problem where I'm at right now) at a local gas station. It really bothers me sometimes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Yeah, this is exactly what I'm afraid of. Its so easy in this day and age to just open accounts in other people's name or to skim credit cards (a big problem where I'm at right now) at a local gas station. It really bothers me sometimes.

I’m one of the 3 million hit with the Office of Personal Management hack about 5 years ago. Scary part is my security update paperwork was just turned in so LOT of personal data. Including some family social security numbers. Irony is part of my job is computer security. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I’m one of the 3 million hit with the Office of Personal Management hack about 5 years ago. Scary part is my security update paperwork was just turned in so LOT of personal data. Including some family social security numbers. Irony is part of my job is computer security. 

Oh wow, that's insane. I can't imagine how hard that was for you to go through. Must make you trust electronics and even people a lot less even though its your job to make them trustworthy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Oh wow, that's insane. I can't imagine how hard that was for you to go through. Must make you trust electronics and even people a lot less even though its your job to make them trustworthy.

Let’s just say I have less trust than most people I know.... except for maybe a sister who worked banking and saw some wild crap there lol. Think she checks her bank account online about 2-3 times a week and she’s more concerned about screw ups. 

On topic think I’d get a prepaid debit card for stadium use. That way you can limit possible losses better. 

• Like 1