Velvet Knights

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kazaa?

I mean-- DCI sells CDs of "old shows" like '93. Buy all of '93 so you can hear Phantom and (oh man) Star from that year, as well. You'll wet yourself.

Wait... VK didn't make Finals that year. Well, buy it anyway. Star's outta this world (no pun intended).

Does anyone have or know where I can find Velvet Knights 1993: Kartoon Klassics. I sounds like a really cool show and I would like to hear it.

It WAS a really cool show that year. I remember going to the 25th Anniversary party for VK that year, as being one of several speakers that sort of warmed up the crowd for the KEYNOTE speaker, our very own Mike Boo. But in any case, the horns and drums for VK performed their opener for us that night...and I was blown away.

Too bad the visual program didn't work out very well...but what a hornline!!

PLease do not ask for mp3 recordings on DCP. DCI sells CD's from that year and I would strongly suggest that you get a CD there (legally I might add). In any case I am moving this to the historical forum.

If Velvet Knights could produce a Boxed set of Recordings i would be One who would buy it!

I have Been Rockin out to the 85 show lately.

What is the term for the horns playing in sort of a Circle in the second to last number? (right after the Mello solo I guess).

VK has really had some great hornlines!

• 2 weeks later...
What is the term for the horns playing in sort of a Circle in the second to last number? (right after the Mello solo I guess).

I don't get the question...are you asking for the name of the song in 85 with the great mellophone solo? That would be Don Ellis' (Strawberry Soup man) "Final Analysis" with the ending that never ends.

But I don't think I get the question...would love to answer it though. I was THERE in 85!!! Woooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooo -- you gotta LOVE Peter Gunn!!!

b**bs

What is the term for the horns playing in sort of a Circle in the second to last number?  (right after the Mello solo I guess).

I don't get the question...are you asking for the name of the song in 85 with the great mellophone solo? That would be Don Ellis' (Strawberry Soup man) "Final Analysis" with the ending that never ends.

But I don't think I get the question...would love to answer it though. I was THERE in 85!!! Woooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooo -- you gotta LOVE Peter Gunn!!!

b**bs

Man, not only did the song never end, but the drill never ended! In fact it seemed that our rehearsals never ended...but that's what it took to put on a convincing act like we did!

Perhaps my favorite opener of my time with VK - Peter Gunn! and then the colorguard shot us with machine guns! Remember our smoking visual? B)

NBC Chimes Festival, the finale was at 210!

Final Analysis? Not easy, and never "final"

Drum Solo with all those flourescent cards? Jeez!

Yeah, that 85 show was terribly underrated.

I can't get enough of 1988 VK, I just got the Video for VK and had only seen it live way back when....

WOW! was that a great drum corp, that guard was better then BD and did way more then Phantom (who won guard). I had no idea that were that ahead of the game!