Sunday, July 24 7:00 PM ET “DCI New Hampshire” Stellos Stadium – Nashua, NEW HAMPSHIRE

“DCI New Hampshire” Stellos Stadium – Nashua, NEW HAMPSHIRE Sunday, July 24th, 2022 … 7:00 PM ET   

Sun and clouds mixed. Near record high temperatures. High 98F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.

“Projected” weather    
6:00 PM PT   Mostly Sunny         95F Temp     99F Heat index       2% chance of rain     .0 in     35% humidity     10 MPH  WSW
7:00 PM PT   … Partly Cloudy      93F Temp     97F Heat index       5% chance of rain    .0 in      41% humidity        9 MPH    SW
8:00 PM PT   … Partly Cloudy          90F Temp     94F Heat index     20% chance of rain    .0 in      47% humidity        7 MPH    SW

as of Sunday, July 24   5:45 AM ET…     ALT FORECAST        RADAR
Stellos Stadium

7 Stadium Drive
Route 111 – West Hollis Drive
Nashua, New Hampshire 03062

DCI Tickets   POC [ Point of Contact ]  info@spartansdbc.org     Phone # (603) 883 - 0523 Ext. 224
LOCATIONMAP

Sunday, July 24
Competition START:
  7:00 PM ...  EASTERN ...  New YorkNashua, NEW HAMPSHIRE     Atlanta
 6:00 PM ...  Central      Chicago        Houston
  5:00 PM ...  Mountain ...   Denver
  4:00 PM ...  Pacific ...       LA

SCORES Announced:
  9:01 PM ...  EASTERN New York Nashua, NEW HAMPSHIRE    Atlanta
…   8:01 PM ...  Central          Chicago    Houston
  7:01 PM ...  Mountain ...  Denver
  6:01 PM ...  Pacific ...      LA

United States Time Zone Map

LINE UP
All times ET and … subject to change
7:00 PM Welcome & National Anthem
7:16 PM The Muchachos – Manchester, NH
7:32 PM Raiders – Princeton. NJ
7:48 PM 7th Regiment – New London, CT
8:04 PM Southwind – Mobile, AL
8:20 PM Spartans – Nashua, NH
8:36 PM
Encore - Spartans – Nashua, NH
9:01 PM … SCORES Announced

FloMarching   None                       
Monday             July 25 … …                         8:00 PM CT          DCI Mesquite                                                   Mesquite, TX
Wednesday
…      July 27                                  7:00 PM CT          DCI Southern Mississippi                                 Hattiesburg, MS
Wednesday
      July 27                                 7:30 PM CT          DCI Little Rock                                                 Little Rock, AR
Friday                   July 29                                 7:00 PM CT         
The Masters of the Summer Music Games         Murfreesboro, TN
Saturday               July 30                                 5:00 PM ET         
DCI Southeastern Championship                        Atlanta, GA
Sunday                 July 31                                 6:00 PM ET         
NightBEAT                                                       Winston-Salem, NC           

RECAPS   Direct LINKS are in the Source
7/23  Summer Thunder                                                                        Sewell, NJ                        Courtesy of   DCI               Courtesy of  From the Pressbox
7/23  2022 Pacific Coast Open Class Championships “Semi Finals”         Bakersfield, CA                   Courtesy of   DCI                 Courtesy of  From the Pressbox
7/23  DCI Southwestern Championship                                                      San Antonio, TX                 Courtesy of   DCI                 Courtesy of  From the Pressbox
7/22  2022 Pacific Coast Open Class Championship “Quarter Finals”      Bakersfield, CA                  Courtesy of   DCI               Courtesy of  From the Pressbox
7/22  DCI Houston                                                                                    Houston, TX                         Courtesy of   DCI                 Courtesy of  From the Pressbox 
7/21   DCI Austin                                                                                      Austin, TX                            Courtesy of   
DCI                 Courtesy of  From the Pressbox
7/21   DCI Denton                                                                                    Denton, TX                          Courtesy of  DCI                  Courtesy of  From the Pressbox
7/19   DCI Broken Arrow                                                                          Broken Arrow, OK               Courtesy of  DCI                  Courtesy of  From the Pressbox
7/19   DCI Lawton                                                                                   Lawton, OK                         Courtesy of  DCI                  Courtesy of  From the Pressbox
7/18   West Texas Drum                                                                          Canyon, TX                          Courtesy of  DCI                 Courtesy of  From the Pressbox
7/18   Brass Impact                                                                                Olathe, KS                            Courtesy of  DCI                  Courtesy of  From the Pressbox
7/17   So Cal Classic                                                                             Bellflower, CA                    Courtesy of  DCI                Courtesy of  “From the Pressbox
7/16   2022 Gold Showcase                                                                   Vista, CA                            Courtesy of  DCI               Courtesy of  “From the Pressbox
7/15   Riverside Open                                                                            Yucaipa, CA                       Courtesy of  DCI               Courtesy of  “From the Pressbox

2 hours ago, kkrepps said:

I'll be there, hopefully it cools down enough for a full show. It's in the upper 90s I hear!

I definitely agree.  Not sure about the exact temps in Nashua.   I help manage & work on a 500+ acre farm in the Hudson Valley [New York] ... about 200 miles to the SE.  Today, Sunday, July 24th is the 6th day of this "heat wave" [Temps in the 90s].   Not supposed to break until tomorrow, Monday, July 25th.

BTW. I graduated from St. A's [St. Anselm's College] just up the road in Manchester, NH.   The Spartans & Elks Trojans held an annual show at Holman Stadium during the late 1960s / early 1970s.  I still remember marching over the Pitcher's mound as the Timing Judge's gun went off at the end of our show.  IF I'm not mistaken New London, CT had a Corps in the early 1970s called "the New London Surfers".

"Safe trip".

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kkrepps said:

I'll be there, hopefully it cools down enough for a full show. It's in the upper 90s I hear!

According to Weather Underground it’s 98 degrees. It is supposed to be 90 at showtime. When the show was held in 2019 and was held in Manchester, it was actually warmer in Manchester than it was in San Antonio by one degree! Hope history doesn’t repeat itself.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NebraskaGBR said:

I definitely agree.  Not sure about the exact temps in Nashua.   I help manage & work on a 500+ acre farm in the Hudson Valley [New York] ... about 200 miles to the SE.  Today, Sunday, July 24th is the 6th day of this "heat wave" [Temps in the 90s].   Not supposed to break until tomorrow, Monday, July 25th.

BTW. I graduated from St. A's [St. Anselm's College] just up the road in Manchester, NH.   The Spartans & Elks Trojans held an annual show at Holman Stadium during the late 1960s / early 1970s.  I still remember marching over the Pitcher's mound as the Timing Judge's gun went off at the end of our show.  IF I'm not mistaken New London, CT had a Corps in the early 1970s called "the New London Surfers".

"Safe trip".

The last time DCI New Hampshire was held, it was at St. A’s. My niece recently graduated from St. A’s and it was an unseasonably hot Spring day in the 90’s. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NebraskaGBR said:

IF I'm not mistaken New London, CT had a Corps in the early 1970s called "the New London Surfers".

Yes!  They are founders of 7th Regiment.  The alumni are still around, and some show up from time to time at events and do ensembles.  They had a percussion ensemble at our last Friends and Family show in 2019. 

Edited by kkrepps
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Tim K said:

The last time DCI New Hampshire was held, it was at St. A’s. My niece recently graduated from St. A’s and it was an unseasonably hot Spring day in the 90’s. 

I still remember some of the Benedictine monks, who were my Professors.  One, Fr. J., employed "the Bell Curve" in grading.   Utmost respect for him.  Loved the classes I took with him.  

Very good show last night. It lasted a little over an hour and a half which was perfect given the temperatures. 

Raiders was small and put forth a good effort. Their musical selections may be a bit of a stretch for the corps but it will come together as the season progresses.

7th Regiment was more confident since their early season performances. The show is still unfinished which seemed to be the case for Spartans and Southwind too. I feel they are trying to do their best with fewer members but the kids seem to enjoy what they are doing. I’m thinking come Avon and Indy they will have some surprises for audiences.

Southwind was the first competitor to fill the stadium with sound. Very good use of dynamics in their show and the color guard took top honors, something not easy to do when Spartans are competitors.

Spartans has a powerful show that is on the move and in your face. I felt it was more controlled than earlier performances and while the show is not complete, it will be competitive. I have not seen BDB, SCVC, or Gold this year so I can’t predict if they are any better, but Spartans have every intention of defending 2019.

• Like 1