2023 Drum Corps Season – DCP/DCW COVERAGE – Beats in the Brook – Bellbrook, OH (DCI)

Join me and some of the finest drum and bugle corps in the country for the 2023 Beats in the Brook Drum Corps International competition in Bellbrook, Ohio!

https://medi-nerd.com/2023/07/22/2023-drum-corps-season-dcp-dcw-coverage-beats-in-the-brook-bellbrook-oh-dci/

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUMP

In two days! Reply if you’ll be at Beats In The Brook!

Good evening, and welcome to Miami Valley South Stadium at Bellbrook High School, site of tonight’s Beats in the Brook drum corps competition!

I’m your host, Kevin Gamin, Managing Editor of Drum Corps Planet, and I will provide you LIVE! From the Stands coverage of tonight’s performances!

Here’s my vantage point for tonight:

My view for tonight’s show

The show starts soon, so be sure to join me for all of the action!

Tonight’s weather, courtesy of CARROT Weather:

Tonight’s weather

And tonight’s lineup, courtesy of ClashCorps. This show was originally in Lima, Ohio, hence the different city and show name, but the lineup and schedule are correct:

Tonight’s lineup (in Bellbrook, not Lima)

Bellbrook Marching Band members preparing to perform the national anthem

Bellbrook Marching Band members preparing to perform the national anthem

First on the field is Eclipse from Indianapolis, Indiana. No repertoire is available on DCX Museum for their 2023 program.

Eclipse is performing BANG! And is part of SoundSport. They open with Mars from The Planets. No front ensemble outside of a single synth player. 12 brass, 8 marching percussion, and 1 DM.

The opening fanfare is brief and the corps opens their first full show movement with YMCA. The two tuba come up and lay down a funky bass line.

While the corps has stopped to park and blow a few times, they don’t stop moving, with body movement to go with the music.

YMCA was only the intro to this section. I don’t recognize the song proper, but it does have a nice groove.