2023 Drum Corps Season – DCP/DCW COVERAGE – Beats in the Brook – Bellbrook, OH (DCI)

Next on the field in DCI All-Age is the Columbus Saints from Columbus, Ohio. No 2023 repertoire was given on DCX Museum.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Saints drum majors have uniforms now and they’re adorable red homecoming outfits, befitting the show theme of, well, Homecoming!

A delay to the start of the show as they had to get their synth set up, but here we go.

Reserved front ensemble opening before the tempo kicks up and we get into Take On Me from Aha. A baritone and trumpet duet play the chorus. Body movement by the whole corps before going into the melody of the song by a solo mellophone.

I said this two weeks ago, but it’s even more clear now: The addition of a winter percussion program has paid off big time for the Saints during the summer.

Horns playing the chorus backfield as the drums do some slick showing off.

Yeah, that’s some good stuff, Saints. Now for movement two as we’re told to get on the dance floor and get ready to party.

All of the field percussion except for two of the bass drums have switched to HBCU style sling snares and single tenors. Talk about increasing demand!

Hey, brass I hear you showing off some articulation technique.

Tempo comes down as we finish the second movement. I think it’s time for some couples slow dancing, don’t you?