DCI Stock Market 2024

2 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

That's like buying KFC stock cuz you like fried chicken. 😂 

*note to self..* Buy KFC stock 🤪

• Haha 3

Buy:

Troop: I think they only get better from here on out

Columbians: (I know OC but eh) I truly think they are the next great Open Class Corps. Always wanted to see them in Indy and glad I got the chance. They will most definitely be recruiting more members next year! 

Spirit of Atlanta- I had my doubts and was so glad to be proven wrong… they will be on the up and up I think

Carolina Crown- I seriously believe in this groups ability to gold medal and will be looking forward to next year’s production. 

Hold: 

Mandarins- I already bought into the hype last year. I truly believe they have potential to go the distance 

Phantom and Cadets- Two equally safe bets to be finalist but not compete for a medal…

Madison- I really do think that with better programming they’d be up a couple spots. Perhaps it’s alumni bias but I truly believe the Scouts are a better group musically than some around them.

Sell:

Blue Knights- If Crossmen had not stumbled out of the gate they would not have been in the top 12 this year. As simple as that. I don’t believe they’ll improve much either…

Boston Crusaders- I love Boston but their window for a gold medal is closing I can feel it in my bones…

PC- I know, I know it doesn’t make sense to me either however something in my brain makes me feel like they are a fad, and simply just not as good as their being scored. I think they crash back to the late teen tier in the next couple years. I welcome being proven wrong!

Edited by TheBerryBari

8 hours ago, TheBerryBari said:

Buy:

Troop: I think they only get better from here on out

Columbians: (I know OC but eh) I truly think they are the next great Open Class Corps. Always wanted to see them in Indy and glad I got the chance. They will most definitely be recruiting more members next year! 

Spirit of Atlanta- I had my doubts and was so glad to be proven wrong… they will be on the up and up I think

Carolina Crown- I seriously believe in this groups ability to gold medal and will be looking forward to next year’s production. 

Hold: 

Mandarins- I already bought into the hype last year. I truly believe they have potential to go the distance 

Phantom and Cadets- Two equally safe bets to be finalist but not compete for a medal…

Madison- I really do think that with better programming they’d be up a couple spots. Perhaps it’s alumni bias but I truly believe the Scouts are a better group musically than some around them.

Sell:

Blue Knights- If Crossmen had not stumbled out of the gate they would not have been in the top 12 this year. As simple as that. I don’t believe they’ll improve much either…

Boston Crusaders- I love Boston but their window for a gold medal is closing I can feel it in my bones…

PC- I know, I know it doesn’t make sense to me either however something in my brain makes me feel like they are a fad, and simply just not as good as their being scored. I think they crash back to the late teen tier in the next couple years. I welcome being proven wrong!

Opposite. I'd buy PC because one of their weakest sections has Eric Shriver and that man can turn programs around. He did so much with Gold and had a huge rookie group this year. Solid perc can solidify them. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Opposite. I'd buy PC because one of their weakest sections has Eric Shriver and that man can turn programs around. He did so much with Gold and had a huge rookie group this year. Solid perc can solidify them. 

Sure hope so because I like PC and want them to be successful. Nothing has captured me yet though… brass was okay this year, programming and visual was ok. Maybe a more solid perc will give them more life. As I said, I really hope to be proven wrong…

In these challenging economic times ( 2024 could be tougher), I'm buying more stock in BAC, BD, Colts, Spartans. Their current internals, ie, resources, mgt, have added long term stability. They have proven of late to be solid buys in their stock for the long haul now.

I'm holding any stock I might have in Bloo, Pacific Crest, Crown,  Phantom, Mandarins. Solid staffs here and dont see any mgt/ staff changes.

The Sells of any stock I might have would be Cavaliers, Academy, Blue Knights, Crossmen,  Madison Scouts, Blue Stars, Jersey Surf .... and yes even the Troopers. I predict lots of off season instability here re. mgt/ staff, finances, comings and goings, etc and assess its currently too risky to keep such stock.

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

In these challenging economic times ( 2024 could be tougher), I'm buying more stock in BAC, BD, Colts, Spartans. Their current internals, ie, resources, mgt, have added long term stability. They have proven of late to be solid buys in their stock for the long haul now.

I'm holding any stock I might have in Bloo, Pacific Crest, Crown,  Phantom, Troopers. Mandarins. Solid staffs here and dont see any mgt/ staff changes.

The Sells of any stock I might have would be Cavaliers, Academy, Blue Knights, Crossmen, Blue Stars, Jersey Surf. I predict lots of off season instability here re. mgt/ staff comings and goings, and assess its too risky to keep such stock.

Can't tease with instability and not say what instability there are. I really don't think many groups will be changing staff compared to normal. Last year we had lists of staff leaving Sunday and so far I think Madison is the only one. We had several highest scoring placements that any other year would have moved people up. They just need a better design. 

7 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Can't tease with instability and not say what instability there are. 

These Corps I listed as sells either have insufficient finances  or I expect they'll be staffs leaving, others arriving that create the instability I'm not interested in keeping in my imaginary financial portfolio.  😊

Edited by Boss Anova

After I've invested in my imaginary Drum Corps Stock Market, If I find any extra money under the couches, mattress, etc for a junk bond, I might purchase some SCV .

Why not ?  I'm cleaning my house. They're cleaning their house. If I lose my extra coin, no big deal. If they make it back, I made a killing on that junk bond, better than most of the buy/ hold stocks above.😊

Edited by Boss Anova

25 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

After I've invested in my imaginary Drum Corps Stock Market, If I find any extra money under the couches, mattress, etc for a junk bond, I might purchase some SCV .

Why not ?  I'm cleaning my house. They're cleaning their house. If I lose my extra coin, no big deal. If they make it back, I made a killing on that junk bond, better than most of the buy/ hold stocks above.😊

That's like buying Bed Bath and Beyond 

• Haha 1