2023 Drum Corps Season – DCP/DCW COVERAGE – 2023 DCA World Championships Prelims – Rochester, NY (DCA)

Horns pretending to take pictures of one of the guard members in a full length gown, now dancing on the stage as the corps plays Paparazzi.

Fun how we got two shows with similar themes this year.

And another set of eye catching silks in the guard, even more eye catching because of how great the guard work is.

Sunset Boulevard. Hard for me to say anything here because I’m drawn into the performance so much. Rifles are killing it throughout and I will always love some Lloyd Webber on the field.

Horns playing backfield, then turn front as the HOLLYWOOD sign props backfield are turned around to display famous entertainers. Final reprise of the musical themes and, yes, another set of amazing silks.

@ kevingamin, what is the temperature of your location?

Just now, Mikah said:

@ kevingamin, what is the temperature of your location?

Currently 72 degrees.

• Thanks 1

Bushwackers:

Bushwackers Bushwackers Bushwackers Bushwackers

• Like 1

Next on the field in DCA World Class competition is the Hawthorne Caballeros from Hawthorne, New Jersey. Their 2023 program is entitled “Take Me To Church”.

• Like 1

The corps starts in the back corner of the field, sitting on their pews or kneeling in front of the large black props in supplication. They come on the field in chaos and anger. This carries over to the start of the show, which features an intense opening feature by the percussion and front ensemble, demonstrating right from the start why they’ve been winning the percussion caption throughout the season.

Oh!  I've seen this show earlier this year too, during DCI!