2023 Drum Corps Season – DCP/DCW COVERAGE – 2023 DCA World Championships Prelims – Rochester, NY (DCA)

When the brass comes in, the anger in the music continues as well, and is displayed in the silks the guard uses, as well as long reflective gold poles which catch the stadium lights in a mesmerizing fashion.

Such crisp rim shots from the snares during their feature.

Brass back in. Still mad.

Immediate change in mood as a brass quartet sitting on a pew on the front sideline play House of the Rising Sun. Some of the guard have begun to change their outfits, originally all black, now white, yellow, and sparkling gold.

The horns are also changing, switching to Take Me To Church musically, while revealing tops with the colors of the rising sun itself.

• Like 1

Great reveal moment as the black shrouds over the props are yanked off to show church windows with lights on the frame, very heavenly indeed.

The music is also decidedly more upbeat and now classical in nature.

The guard breaks out swing flags of the sun on a white background, filling the field with their color.

• Like 1

Hawthorne Caballeros:

Hawthorne Caballeros Hawthorne Caballeros Hawthorne Caballeros Hawthorne Caballeros

• Like 1

The next corps in DCA World Class competition is the Reading Buccaneers from Reading, Pennsylvania. Their 2023 program is entitled “Can’t Stop Won’t Stop”.

Wait, they’re holding their hands out in the stop position, but I can’t stop and I won’t stop, so there!

Oh, man, I’m right in front of the corps on their opening hit. My ears are ringing in the best way possible.

My co-worker, and his siblings, was born from Buccaneer parents.