Year 3 Update: Introducing Performing Arts Access, Safety and Inclusion Network, Inc.

Last year, we committed to prioritizing community education through town halls, discussion circles, and workshops. Following the second year of DCI SafeSport compliance requirements, we released a Guide to Debriefing from SafeSport Training for educators and administrators. We published our research committee findings from our collegiate marching band experience project, and our annual WGI and […]

View the full article

Be nice if there was a link to see what the training for members and staff looks like. Every bleeping thing takes you to instagram account and “click (which doesn’t work in a graphic) our website for info”.

Link here basically numbers and “hey we did something”. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

The biggest change that I see is that they're now a a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization as of July.  That means they went through the steps of incorporating in some state, and followed the all of the required processes to attain that tax-exempt status.  This has the potential to add significant legitimacy to their efforts, allows them to more clearly solicit donations/funding, and in theory adds a layer of legal protection for members of the organization putting in the work.  It would be nice to see their presentation of information be cleaned up a little bit (as JimF-LowBari mentions) because it makes zero sense to navigate from website > social > website.  Absent that small criticism, the improvements they're making are leaps and bounds over their early roots as an anonymous posting Twitter account called "DCI F***ery".

On 9/3/2023 at 7:42 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

Be nice if there was a link to see what the training for members and staff looks like. Every bleeping thing takes you to instagram account and “click (which doesn’t work in a graphic) our website for info”.

Link here basically numbers and “hey we did something”. 

I hear you Jim. I would like to see it as well. From an instructional design standpoint, my guess would be that's it's on a secure LMS. That way any tracking data of participants is private and easily reportable. If the actual content was built by an outside company, access to it would typically also be restricted to avoid content poaching. That's how I would, and still do it in corporate setting.

• Thanks 1