Phantoms Euphs

JoeW

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had nightmares carrying a euph when I first started on it with the Regiment, and this was a two-valved DEG. Dan Farrell came up with a good solution. He put a 5 pound ankle weight on the front end of my horn and I had to carry the horn like that all day. It worked. By DCI Finals, the euph felt like a sop.

nothing like trekking big momma with your ankle weight on for a mile or so, good times. lol

Ah, Blue Star drill...mwah... :P

Everyone lines up on the goal line. The line goes out five yards, back, ten yards, etc., until you've crossed the whole field and back...and then you subtract five yards each time. The catch is, any time someone screws up or the line falters, the whole corps stops and has to run back and start over again (sometimes along with some pushups).

We had a guy who marched Phantom who was our visual caption head in 2001, and he said his vis caption head in Phantom said he stole it from Blue Stars during the 70s, and called it the Blue Star drill. I've played a brass warmup that Rick Young stole from Kingsmen during the 70s that we call "Anaheim."

yeah, i love anaheim- got it from a friend that marched g-men forever

Blue Star...you have to hype that, we actually got to I think it was the oposite 20 or 25 this year towards the end of everydays

Circle drill can be fun too- never underestimate the joys of holding your horn while staying in a slide position

you definately come out of basics with higher opinions of yourself and corpsmates at regiment

Edited by raphael18