Phantoms Euphs

JoeW

i love the sound of phantom and love that they have all euphs........could anyone tell me more about them.....perhaps the specs and a link maybe?....i would love some insight.......i hear they have a trigger and im not sure if its for tuning or low register........

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the euphs that we used aren't up yet, and no marching band will ever buy them, they were beasts.

there was a 1st trigger in the dynasty tradition, and a 3rd valve slide.

um...they'll be getting new horns for next year that will definately be nicer.

they are absolutely huge- we're talking Bb bugles, for lack of a better description.

they play in tune on their own quite well, but the at a certain point it was impossible to tune in cold weather -real cold

Perhaps you'd like to refrain from comment on that until you've tracked or done basics with it... :P

its rough, but o so worth it when you hear the sound of a euph........or a trombone...heehee

Edited by EuphoniBone

Perhaps you'd like to refrain from comment on that until you've tracked or done basics with it... :P

Preach brother! There's nothing like being in the middle of a field in the midwest and having to lug around a euph or a contra.

Joe, Phantom uses the King 1129 Euphonium. If you want to see a photo of the horn go to Phantoms web page and look through their summer pictures. They are BEASTS!! BTW, they don't march all euphs, they also use the King 1127 Baritone.

Edited by jameseuph