Vic Firth or ProMark for sticks?

notquitedeafdrummer

and our director ordered innovative perc. bass mallets... weird mallets.... got these big "fulcrum" nobs on em that are like halfway up the stick... I'm not sure if I'm buying it...

don't.

trust me.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one word...INNOVATIVE, but if thats not an option, vic firth

for Keyboard mallets yes

ANOKA DRUMLINE? ANOKA, MINNESOTA? Thats like... right by where I live... I think we might even do a competition with you guys.... whoa...

I am not a big fan of innnovative perc, unless they are for frontline type instruments; those are usually pretty decent

But uhhh.... Anoka, huh? WOW thats by Irondale too isn't it? Do you do a winter drumline that is competing in MN this year? You caould see us testing those innovative perc mallets live... hehe

Betsy

HAha! yeah! You tap the sticks and its like whoa... are you sure those are a pair? Are you sure it wasnt THESE ones? (tap the sticks) Hmmmmm... nope, they are ALL different... gee... tape this one more? (jk) But Vic Firth isn't perfect with that either.. so I would say that all of the sticks are good enough to play with. Sheesh... EXCEPT those Innovative Perc bass mallets- Yikes! They gave me nightmares! For a week!

Yes. Moores are money. Pooles are a no-no. DeLucias are super-green.

Betsy

CS BD #2

MHS Center Snare

Vic isn't perfect, true. The only way to really get a true pair is to match 'em yourself. One of the dudes I marched with this summer liked the innovative tenor sticks with traditional grip. interesting, yeah? Never tried the pooles and I only know from the Moores because I marched them in '02. Ever try the laminated delucia-like Moores? They're pretty sweet. Heavy as balls. Sort of like delucias...

I've completely given up on ProMark, I can't tell you how many hours I've spent in music stores, pulling out all the sticks from their matchboxes, setting them all on the floor, attempting to try to find "the perfect pair". Vic Firth has never let me down in finding the perfect pair on the first time! :D

got these big "fulcrum" nobs on em that are like halfway up the stick... I'm not sure if I'm buying it...

I absolutely HATE those mallets! UGh!