Vic Firth or ProMark for sticks?

notquitedeafdrummer

hey renegade-

You talkin' the Promark Summer 2003 shirts with the blue? Yeah we got those, pretty decent. They were the only sponsor of ours to have sizes smaller than a large, and i cimmend them for that, because im not into the wohle guy baggy look.

I know Promark makes better bass mallets than VicFirth, or at least i think they are weighted better, and the mallet heads last longer, but it sounds like VicFirth is the way to go for snare sticks...

Dude we got DeLucia's to practice with, and those things are like tree trunks! They are beasts! But great for building chops, working the accent to tap and diddles with those is crazy. I dont think we wil use them for show though... too heavy of a sound.

Thanks everyone for your opinions so far!

peace

a way cool drummer chick from Capital Sound.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely go Vic Firth. Use Casella's or Hardimon's.

actually the bass mallets from Vic Firth aren't bad - that's what we used this summer.

As far as snare sticks I would go with the Hardimons. Also might wanna check out the Scott Johnsons. There's a new stick out too , Lee Beddis.

My high school was using Casselas til yesterday. They don't hold up that well...probably because of lack of experience/bad technique. I'd suggest using the Hardimons for your high school monkeys on snare. Also, I'm really a fan of the Vega tenor sticks. That's our main tenor implement (sp?). Yep...

VIC FIRTH! Just so at the end of the summer I can get a T-shirt that says "The Perfect Pair" across my chest....lol Although that MAY BE one of the reasons, it's not the reason... please bare w/ me and my sick sense of humor ^_^

Anyhoo... I enjoy ScoJo's (infact I switched the kids I teach to them.. they hated me at first for it. They went from Hardimons- which are great and light, but i wanted them to build chops.. cmon what kind of instructor would I be if i let them off the hook easy??). Hannums are a good time as well. Then theres the good ol' MS 2's B)

VIC FIRTH STICKS/MALLETS ARE A GOOD TIME!

go with Vic Firth all the way....the Tom Aungsts and Jim Casellas are both great sticks, Casellas i think are better for less experienced players....but yeah, my advice also would be to ditch the Delucias when you get your show sticks in....you should practice how you would perform, and using different sticks can cause problems...

yeah... we definitely aren't using the DeLucia's anymore... Those are just practice-pad-at-home sticks now...

By the way, we ordered Hardimons for our snare sticks... and our director ordered innovative perc. bass mallets... weird mallets.... got these big "fulcrum" nobs on em that are like halfway up the stick... I'm not sure if I'm buying it...