Remo Rennasance

Jason

So, here's the story.

Last year I put an order in for suedes for the tenor line at the college I teach at. We got the order in, and low and behold, the heads we got looked just like the rennasance heads. I just thought that remo had redesigned the rennasance line and slapped the suede name on it. Have never used a suede head before, I thought very little of it. The danged things would not pull, would not break, and had a nice sharp sound that cu0 nicel through the soup that was the bandt. They were a little on the dry side of things compaired to a pinstripe, but I was very impressed with how well they held up, even in the extremes of North Dakota weather.

Cut to this year. Either remo has redesigned the suede, or we GOT rennasance heads last year and not suede heads. I'm pretty sold on the rennasance heads, and am using the emporor weight rennasance heads for my winter line program. Highly reccomend them.

It's been an interesting experiment that has actualy worked out in my favor.

Discuss.

I love suedes...seriously...once you have them you never go back. They are pretty tough to keep in tune a lot of times, but you'll run into that with most heads. I've never tried the Rennaisance...hmmm...anyway, I won't even touch pinstripes any more. Yep...

Remo Suede Crimplock Emperors are the absolute best tenor head available. Remo did a great job designing these heads. The regular Remo Suede Diplomats, Ambassadors, and Emperors for drum set (without the crimplock collar) are just as amazing. They combine the attack of the Remo Renaissance with the tone of clear Remo Pinstripes but a tad warmer. You can't ask for anything better.