Need some input form the pit cew of other corps

Chi-Chkins

Hey there fellow pitsters. I march with the Bandettes and we are having problems with starping down out equipmet for a safe trip accrs the states. I would liek some ideas of how your corps makes sure the pit equipmaent has a safe trip. I ahve broken so many bungees this summer :sshh: :huh: and they jsut don'r seem to do the trick any more. I am very open to any ideas so please give some!!!

poor pit equipment, you have to be nice to it. Our Sr. Corps borrows from a local high school when we go out to DCA but when I was in high school we had our own truck for transportation. We packed it ourselves with lots of blankets and rope.

Kimela

I guess that it all depends on the layout of your truck and the budget for straps/tiedowns/bungees. As for bungees, you want to get the ones that have the fabric over them....it holds them together better, and you don't get black scuff marks on your equipment :) However, if your truck is configured with the metal rails built into the sides going vertically (most large trailers have them) you may want to take a look at actual cargo straps....they lock into the wall, and then tighten down on themselves. They are fairly expensive however!!! If all else fails, use rope, and if that doesn't work, you're gonna have to break them down <**> . Hope I helped!!

we used a combination of bungees and cargo straps - depending on what was being strapped in - thecargo straps work really well but once they get worn - get rid of them! , because they will break when u try to tighten them.

Learn how to do a truckers hitch with rope.

Packing tape can be torn (I know the secret) but it could get all messy so forget that.

I was a Bike Messenger and in 6 years I never had a Bungie chord break.

Truckers have these telescoping bars that isolate cargo try looking into that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...