What if......

Would Anahiem still be around if they had made finals in 77?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE....Would Anahiem still be around if they had made finals in 77?...UNQUOTE

As much as I hate saying it, I would say no. The corps had some very serious financial and management problems which would probably have prohibited them from competing the following year.

• 1 year later...

Noting the responses, the answer was a little obvious. Whether we had made finals or not in 1977, the corps was having severe financial and internal struggles. Many folks were upset because Rocco Oliverio was let go or resigned after first tour that year. There were jkust as many folks that were glad he left. The late Bruce Leo took over for second tour...we knew after returning home from Denver that it was the end of the line for the Kingsmen in that era......there is talk of reviving the corps today...how it would go over in todays drum corps is ????????????????

The real question is if 27th had made finals in 1986 would they have hung on longer?

Would Anahiem still be around if they had made finals in 77?

Naaawwwww....I was really suprised it lasted as long as it did. I put a lot of the credit on some very dedicated parents. I don't know what the problems were, I still realy don't care, all I know is that in 1976 the xylophone I played, most of the keys were cracked and it was made of that composite material, Zylon or some kinda C#@%. '77 wasn't much better.

I love to this day the people I marched with in Kingsmen and feel that they will always be a part of my family. But it's day had passed.

To bring back any "dead" corps they would have to do that "screen saver" style drill and play a lot of notes. I would rather remember Anaheim as they were.

would have to do that "screen saver" style drill and play a lot of notes. I would rather remember Anaheim as they were.

Amen.. :lol: