DIV 2/3 DVD

I'd say that was the downside of the DVD. I was really hoping for at least a cool menu screen. I really wanted the ability to turn on high-view only, but I wasn't holding my breath for it.

yeah i was hopping for that too lol, But i think it was good thought top 3 rocked, i really wanted a menu like the other dvd's. it was worth the cost though.

I also agree that Patriots had the best horn sound in that top 12. Esperanza by far though had the better visual package, I think.

There's a lot of visual stuff that goes on in a lot of the corps that add a lot to the music. Corps off the top of my head that would fit this category would be Surf, Yamato, Impulse, Marion Cadets, & Lehigh Valley.

I think Marion Cadet's battery was one of the more impressive lines, being able to control their sound without overplaying, which could have been blown off easily with the size of their hornline.

The DVD is a great buy if you haven't bought it already.

i don't know man Spartans hornline was very good.

I'll have to listen to it again then B)

I got the DVD for christmas and I like it quite a bit. Of course a menu system would have been GREATLY appreciated, and maybe some other camera angles, but overall I applaud DCI for offering this DVD, and I hope its sales are enough to warrant another, improved DVD next year

• 2 weeks later...

Quality isn't great on the DVD. Awards could have been much quicker, they were presented like it was a marching band competition or something. I was expecting more out of the corps. I enjoyed Esperanza, the end of Patriots, Spartans, Jersey Surf, Blue Stars (although the hornline sounded MUCH better in person....the ballad sounds downright awful on the DVD...Divertimento from Follies was AWESOME though), Yamato, and most of Impulse. Yamato was the only corps who I had seen live, who impressed me more on the DVD than in person. Every corps had very obvious problems that could easily be pointed out; I was expecting the top 5 to be a little better, since I hadn't seen any of them all season. I was definitely expecting more from ECJ. :( I'm sorry, but after watching them once, I can't bear to watch LVK. That was NOT a finalist drum corps, with significant weaknesses throughout every aspect of the show, excluding color guard for the most part. The shadows got kinda annoying during the course of the day. Overall, the DVD was decent. I'm glad I got it, since I wouldn't have seen most of the corps on it otherwise, but I was expecting more from the production and the corps themselves.

I'm sorry, but after watching them once, I can't bear to watch LVK. That was NOT a finalist drum corps, with significant weaknesses throughout every aspect of the show, excluding color guard for the most part.

*no I don't march LVK*

I greatly disagree with you. LVK definitely deserved their place if not higher. I respect this corps as possibly one of the hardest working corps in D2/3. That's right. They had an awesome show with dedicated members and staff. I guess you would just have to see them at rehearsals to know what I mean. Either way, they def deserved their placement. Good job LVK. Keep bringin it.

(just like to add that their show is better in person...) b**bs

Quality isn't great on the DVD. Awards could have been much quicker, they were presented like it was a marching band competition or something. I was expecting more out of the corps. I enjoyed Esperanza, the end of Patriots, Spartans, Jersey Surf, Blue Stars (although the hornline sounded MUCH better in person....the ballad sounds downright awful on the DVD...Divertimento from Follies was AWESOME though), Yamato, and most of Impulse. Yamato was the only corps who I had seen live, who impressed me more on the DVD than in person. Every corps had very obvious problems that could easily be pointed out; I was expecting the top 5 to be a little better, since I hadn't seen any of them all season. I was definitely expecting more from ECJ. :( I'm sorry, but after watching them once, I can't bear to watch LVK. That was NOT a finalist drum corps, with significant weaknesses throughout every aspect of the show, excluding color guard for the most part. The shadows got kinda annoying during the course of the day. Overall, the DVD was decent. I'm glad I got it, since I wouldn't have seen most of the corps on it otherwise, but I was expecting more from the production and the corps themselves.

Sour Grapes are a dish best served in private

• 1 month later...