LancerFi's computer stutters...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LancerFi's computer stutters...

Wow, you're not kidding!

Hey LancerFi...

I'd love to see the return of "Severe from Revere"...

Hey LancerFi...

I'd love to see the return of "Severe from Revere"...

SBrancheau, there were 2 rifles from Revere that they called "Severe from Revere", me being one of them. Then we used to say it for the corps family.

I think you should meet us at a show, preferably a weekend. We can do any year you want to!!! :bleah: :P Are you going to East? What about Denver? Or Boston in 05?

I'd love to do 75/76 just for the first 50 or so counts that we did. I cannot believe they did not show a close up either year. The rifle is only used for the last 4 counts of this part of Crown.

Or 79/80, all years were enjoyable for me. We could do it together, the 5 of us! ~G~, you'll be there correct? We can try other guards shows as well.

For winter guard the staffs of many guards go together and did a show, with moves from all of the guards. Sometimes they were complimenting, and other times not. People would fall off down laughing. But they were good to boot!! b**bs

I have to say that having a corps last the years it did kind of gives it a quality that I can't explain. Almost everyone knows each other, people overlap.

There are various other reasons, some selfish, actually most are very selfish on my part. But some make a lot of sense, even though a great corps was lost!

I've explained this to Malibu, I'll PM you or e-mail you via your profile.... :)

Edited by LancerFi

The thing about 79/80 Spirit hornline that I remember was that on occasion, if the hornline was warming up close enough to the field where a lesser :( (hate to use that term) corps was performing, they would on occasion drown the performing corps out!!!

Sorry, that's not too p.c., but it's how uncle z's grey matter recalls it!!

Anybody else recall that "otherworldly" mellophone sound at the beginning of "Higher and Higher"?? :bleah:

Which part?

The thing about 79/80 Spirit hornline that I remember was that on occasion, if the hornline was warming up close enough to the field where a lesser :( (hate to use that term) corps was performing, they would on occasion drown the performing corps out!!!

uncle z, that was a penalty. I don't remember when it was no longer a penalty to be heard on the field while warming up. Lately I can hear all corps warming up at the same time.... :huh:

Anyway, Spirit 79 & 80 would be walking to the next town to warm up!!! :bleah:

• 2 months later...

Y'all ought to check out the Corps Vets from Atlanta {DCA} because a bunch of those guys in the old line are in this line. Pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched the 1997 DCI TV recording and they highlighted the 1980 Spirit show as one of the most memorable. They show a small clip with the corps marching to the sidelines and then just blowing!!! The TV recording just cannot do it justice.