7. 43.3 Scenic City

6. 48.1 Americanos

5. 63.8 Madison Scouts

4. 64.65 Blue Knights

3. 67.25 Bluecoats

2. 69.85 Phantom Regiment

1. 70.25 Glassmen

My Thoughts:

The Marion Glory Cadets didn't have the couple of member on crutches they had in Toledo, and afterward, their members went on a desperate recruiting-spree in the audience. I'm thinking they have a few more openings now.

I really liked Scenic City's show. I think it will turn out well in August, and we'll see them jump a few spots in the Div. III lineup.

The Americanos sounded good, but I didn't personally care for their choice of music. It just didn't... I don't know... For those of you that have seen 'em, what do you think?

There was no way BK should have beaten Madison. And the Knights have this guy in their guard who is like 7 feet tall, I was amazed.

The Bluecoats continued to impress me, but they still didn't have the end of the drill finished.

I think a lot of people here thought Phantom was gonna pull it off, and beat the Gmen. Didn't happen. I think Phantom will catch 'em soon.

It rained really hard this morning, but it turned out to be a good night for Drum Corps. Thank God is wasn't cancelled. Would they ever hold a show indoors?

Care to expound on why BK should not have beaten Madison?

Care to expound on why BK should not have beaten Madison?

BK beat Madison? From what little I've read of their reviews and what the DCA guy (I know you have a name, please refresh my memory) said about their design problems, etc., either BK cleaned up an enormous amount of dirt in a very short period, rewrote their show or Madison just plain BLEW (chunks?) that night. Or maybe you can only do that d### "fleur de lis" so many times?

But the season is still young. I just have a hard time believing that a corps that placed 14th last year and has been reviewed as basically, not finalist material, is beating a corps many fans believe were effectively "screwed" by the judging panel last year (BTW, I'm not one of these "conspiracy theorists"; when you perform dirt, your score is going to reflect it no matter HOW long you've been a "charter member").

Egad, what if Madison DIDN'T make finals, hosted in THEIR HOMETOWN, no less! Going the way of The Troopers (no offense but their talent and staff base has dwindled considerably over the years as prospective members and staff go to "star" corps)?

If Madison is about thirteen points (Could that signify THIRTEENTH PLACE for them, for the superstitious?) behind Cavaliers, what will the gap be four weeks from now? August 10? Is the lesson "innovate or die"?

I'll have to get myself a "women of DCP" calendar before I can sleep again at night!

:P

I was just looking around at the recaps of this show and noticed that there was no Music Performance judge. Everybody got a score of 12.00 for music performance. This means some scores are lower than what they should be and some are higher.

Example: the Glassmen were scoring in the 13's the night before but they got a 12.00, because of no judge. So, there score should have been higher.

Interesting... :lol::lol::lol:

1) Yes they would hold a show indoors. In 1990 a show in Minnesota was moved to a gymnasium where all the corps played a standstill for whoever was left.....it was raining cats and dogs. Unscored of cours.

2) You hit the nail on the head with the Bluecoats: when they get the end of their show on the field (looking at my watch....tapping my foot), you'll see their GE Vis. number jump. It's been stuck at 12.5 since their first show.

3) Bluecoats beat PR in percussion last night. It'll be hard for PR to catch Gmen unless they beat them in brass and percussion. PR was 3rd last night, but not by much.

You would be surprised at how many shows actually go indoors for a standstill performance. I remember we were doing about 3 shows from VA to NC, and everynight, it rained...well, 2 of the 3 nights, we did a standstill in the auditorium.

Or maybe you can only do that d### "fleur de lis" so many times?

I believe it might be a tradition within the Scouts--they have done the fleur-di-lis for many years. There is a picture of it on their website--they call it their "trademark entrance." Can no corps have any history any more without being criticized?

Supposedly, that is a big deal in some drum corps--tradition. Others call it "out of style," "old school," or "behind the times."

I was kidding when I wrote that. It was in reference to the remark that they needed to spend less time working on the "fleur-de-lis" entrance move and more on the drill.

They've got some catchin' up to do, though. They'll be in finals but I never said they'd score high. But that's okay. They'll probably be the most entertaining show there and that, first and foremost, is why the Scouts are out there.