When Star left DCI

Why did Star leave.  They were awesome.  Come back Star, I think I speak for everyone when I say we miss you.

You sound like a nice guy, but if you don't know why they left you can't presume that everyone misses them.

Yeah, we left because we were bitter right? Is that what you were going to say?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did Star leave.  They were awesome.  Come back Star, I think I speak for everyone when I say we miss you.

You sound like a nice guy, but if you don't know why they left you can't presume that everyone misses them.

Or maybe he's inferring that other people felt that way, not him.

If somebody's gonna stick their foot in their mouth, let 'em do so before calling them out. Does wonders for the blood pressure. :D

If somebody's gonna stick their foot in their mouth, let 'em do so before calling them out. Does wonders for the blood pressure. :D

Sorry, I guess I'm still hypersensitive about our reputation even 10 years later. There's so much mis-information floating around out there as to why we did what we did and after awhile, I get trigger happy with my defenses.

dmfootworks, it just sounded like you were implying that we left because of sour grapes and that if this guy new why we left, then he probably wouldn't like us anymore. Sorry for calling you out if that's not what you meant. If it is what you meant, this may clarify things for you:

http://www.starofindiana.com/history/rec6.html

Sorry, I guess I'm still hypersensitive about our reputation even 10 years later. There's so much mis-information floating around out there as to why we did what we did and after awhile, I get trigger happy with my defenses.

dmfootworks, it just sounded like you were implying that we left because of sour grapes and that if this guy new why we left, then he probably wouldn't like us anymore. Sorry for calling you out if that's not what you meant. If it is what you meant, this may clarify things for you:

http://www.starofindiana.com/history/rec6.html

For the record, I meant nothing at all about Star in particular. What I was trying to say, simply, was that one can't miss a period of history and then claim to represent the sentiments of all who actually lived through that history. The young gentleman asked why Star left and then in the next breath said that he and everyone else misses them. If you weren't there, how could you miss it? And regardless of the circumstances (and they were indeed complicated), how could he presume that *everyone* misses Star. Perhaps my decision to spare any details left some to imagine I was suggesting certain things. I only suggest that people do their homework or be a little more sure of themselves before making statements. By making the point with so few words I was just trying to go light on the man. :rolleyes:

DM lighten up!!! The guy just made a general statement. I don't think he litterally meant "everyone"............

Besides, if there is anyone out there is actually glad STAR is gone, I feel pretty sorry for you!!! I don't like the Cavi's........so would I be sad if they went away??

H3LL YES!!!! They are a great corps and Very important to the history of this addiction we ALL have....... Drum Corps. And I think I can speak for EVERYONE.

DM lighten up!!! The guy just made a general statement. I don't think he litterally meant "everyone"............

Besides, if there is anyone out there is actually glad STAR is gone, I feel pretty sorry for you!!! I don't like the Cavi's........so would I be sad if they went away??

H3LL YES!!!! They are a great corps and Very important to the history of this addiction we ALL have....... Drum Corps. And I think I can speak for EVERYONE.

Having your midnight double latte, sir? If you go back and read my posts, I think you will find that they are quite light already, and written politlely. In my second post I even explained why I *was* light in my original post. Unlike you, sir, I felt no need to use any exclamation points. You have used them to excess. I didn't shout in any of my posts, nor did I use the word h3ll. I didn't give any orders, and I was even careful to check my spelling. You see, I am actually a caring person, which is why I would never come on this site and say that I don't like a corps, as you have done. It doesn't matter that that particular corps is one that I enjoy the most -- I would never, ever say that I don't like a corps on this or any other forum. And if you have another look at my posts, sir, I said nothing at all about Star. So who is it that actually needs to lighten up? It's not me. And yes, I can lightly chide someone for saying that they missed out on a part of history and then claim that they and everyone else misses what he never saw in the first place. It was just one of those innocent little things. Like, say, someone coming on the board telling someone who has just written a lighthearted post to, umm, lighten up. :angel:

This is just one of the most misunderstood things ever to happen in drum corps, and to many of us that were involved with Star as a corps, it is a scabbed over wound that hurts when it's picked at or generously salted by those that don't know the truth.

There were a few that left for other corps. There were age-outs that stayed on because there were no age rules being outside of DCI. The arrangement for Brass Theatre WAS made prior to finals in 1993, believe it or not. (Wouldn't you stay if you could tour and play and learn from one of the leading Brass groups of all time?)

Star's legacy has been started in the aforementioned thread. We'll have to wait and see what Star's future holds.