Blue Juice

Shintao

I have never heard of Blue Juice. I use FAST for my horn and it works great. Where can this Blue Juice be obtained.

Blue juice is a decent valve oil and should work well on most worn in valves or older valves.

If you have new valves I would suggest breaking them in first with a synthetic oil.This seems to help.

Good luck.

yea, I use Fast normally. But I came across 2 botttles of blue juice. I prefer "fast" more, but Blue Juice is functional all the same for me.

I have had good results with Blue Juice on all of my horns from my Kanstul Chicago MLP to my vintage (1968!) Schilke.

It's important to remember that just about any premium oil will work, just be sure to clean your horn before "switching" brands. Mixing oils can cause the pistons to become sticky.

As a side note, we at Kanstul have found certain oils to perform better on our horns than others. If you have any questions on this, contact me for more information.

Best Regards,

(edited for spelling error)

Edited by oldschoolVK

Blue juice seems to be the thing for the kanstul piccolo i use.

My bach 37 likes something a lot thicker though. I guess the valves aren't quite as tight, but the bach oil that comes in the case with the nice shiney new 7C (why do these come with pro horns?) works about as well as anything.

My bach C works well with al cass and other oils mostly consisting of kerosine.

Moral of the story is it depends on the valves in your particular horn and the environment the horn's in. In my experience Bach valve oil won't fit between the pistons and the casings in a yamaha, while al cass or blue juice are a little to thin to do any good on a lot of well-worn bachs.