More Contras Needed

dcf06

The Drum corps that im in has an awesome show this year . Its really exciting but the only problem is that the corps is looking for more brass players including contras. The contras have an awesome part carrying most of the beat. Its hard to have only a couple of contra player play something when they are over powered by everyone else. I know tuba players but they dont want to "Waste a summer". If you know any one who would like to still join a corps I recommend this one, I m not posting the name of the corps just yet . But think about it this corp will go far if people are willing to help out!

most people will not consider joining a corps until they know WHERE they are located... that is if they are interested... if they want to join a corps and then find out it's in alaska and they live in texas... chances are it's not happening.

there are only a handful of people (okay more like a truckload but still) that travel to join a certain corps... but all those corps are Div 1 top 12 and a few below 12

Edited by OC Euph

most people will not consider joining a corps until they know WHERE they are located... that is if they are interested... if they want to join a corps and then find out it's in alaska and they live in texas... chances are it's not happening.

there are only a handful of people (okay more like a truckload but still) that travel to join a certain corps... but all those corps are Div 1 top 12 and a few below 12

Not true....I know of people who have traveled across the country or even to whole different country to march with a division 2 or 3 corps.....yes, it is more common in the top 12, but it happens all throughout the Jr. corps activity....

And in response to the original poster, it would be helpful to know where the corps is located and such. If you are not allowed to post the name of your corps, then maybe ask anyone interested to PM you so you can give them more information. Just a suggestion...

I can tell you that my corps is still looking for contra players, were also looking for mello, and sop players. I can also tell you my drum corps is Americanos. go to www.canos.org to fill out a membership interest form, or call (920) 722-5543 for more info. Next camp is going to be April 30-May 2. Love to see ya all there!

DUDE!! i didn' t know u were from canos! sorry to kinda bud in on your thing here.

Heh, I was just trying to figure out if it was a Jr or Sr corps :P

Hey the Srs post for new members too.....

Hey I saw the post Im a contra player for the Canos. If your are interested let me know and i will email you a copy of the brass book. With the opener in stuff. This is going to be an awesome year, I really hope to see more contras But if you play a different horn, And your still looking to join a corps just give the canos a try YOU WONT REGRET IT. Everything looks good but we all would like to see more people! If ya got any questions just ask me or moldydrummer.