Best Friends in Drum Corps...

I see my old Royal Coachmen friends every so often. We have a reunion once in a while. But with NO drum corps in Western NY in sort of sucks. We can sell tickets for a World Championship but we can't support a drum corps, not a one!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

90% of the people I am friends with today are guys I marched with. We were and will be forever, best friends. I have stood up in SO many weddings, godfather to a few of their children and will ALWAYS be there for them. We will probably be 80 years old and attending DCI together. It's in our blood forever!

I'm still in contact with old dc buds (thanks to email and drum corps websites) though it's harder when you move out of the area and get into a military career that makes you move around alot!

I'm also finding that DCP is a great way to make NEW dc friends as well!

and enemies too..............

• 2 weeks later...

I keep in touch with quite a few of my friends from Drum Corps. Just a month ago a friend flew into Toronto from Pleasanton, California for an aunt's funeral. I took advantage of the short trip to pull together a dinner party for 8. A couple of years ago my one drum corps friends & I flew out to California for her wedding (#3!). Her son is in Blue Devils C and most of her guests were from the Blue Devils & Santa Clara organizations.

About 2 years ago I had our mellophone line from 1973 over to the house for a get together. Some of us had not seen each other for 25 or more years. Vickie still doesn't believe that Rick Petherick was really himself :P

• 2 weeks later...
I just rolled over and kissed my best friend from drum corps good morning before I got on the computer. I think she's making our five kids breakfast right now :blink:

smootch :huh: :P