I hate this

Several years ago I met a guy at a band contest in Georgia. We started discussing drum corps and he proceeds to offer to me that he had marched Spirit of Atlanta. I asked him what he played and he said snare. Then I asked him what years he marched and he replied "only in 1987". Really interested then I asked him where did he stand in the line at finals in Kansas City? He said third from the left when you are looking at the line. Well I had him then. So I replied "well you are really busted, as Finals in 87 were in Madison, and I was the third snare from the left in 1987 Spirit of Atlanta." Guy excuses himself to go to the toilet...and never returns. BUSTED!!!

Oh, Man Bust. That's so Freakin Funny. He got Burned so Darn Bad.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My highschool had a visual intructor last year....he came and told everyone in the band that he marched blue devils in 1999 and he knows how to win a championship! What a lier....he showed up to BDB rehearsal one day in 1999 and twisted his knee, and never came back....i wore my Blue Devil jacket to one of our band shows ( i had years 93-03 on it) and he didn't say a word about the Blue Devils ever again.....then he got fired.

That's nothing new. I know of a guy who applied to teach a major guard. He said he taught the Cavies. Of course when they checked, they found him to be a liar and a fool. How he can stay active in the activity or even attend shows, I'll never understand.

Wow..it seems that everybody must have met or know someone that lied about being in BD.

How come no one ever lies about being in Dutchboy? (No offense to any Dutchboy members...just arbitrarily picking a lesser known corps to fill in the blank!)

DJ

BD Alum, 1978-2009 <-- (not really)

What if you got hurt and came home mid-way through tour? Did you march that year??

I marched with one corps in 2001-02, then in 2003 was at a different corps until July when I had to come home. Now I'm back at my original corps and I'm not sure if I can say that I actually marched in the second corps......

Edited by coatsgirl16

The best ever "busted" story in DCI history unfolded like this...

"How Tony Aleguas met himself on tour"

Tony Aleguas was a snare drummer in Suncoast Sound in 1985 and 1986. He was also second in snare at I&E, with the most creative solo anyone had seen in years. Anyway, somewhere on tour in '86 Tony lost his Suncoast corps jacket (I seem to recall it was in Kansas).

The following year, 1987, Tony was in the Blue Devils snare line. After a show somewhere in the midwest, Tony saw a kid in a Suncoast jacket. He figured he'd be nice and go see who it was. When the kid turned around, Tony saw that he was wearing HIS member jacket! Tony, being the funny guy he is, said something like, "Wow you are Tony Aleguas? Your snare solo last year was amazing!" Meanwhile, the some of the guys in the BD snare line who where there were trying not to snicker.

The kid goes on about how well he played. Eventually, Tony told him who he was, showed the kid his ID, and took his Suncoast jacket back. Apparantly the kid was mortified, and that was good enough for Tony.

Tony told me that story when we were working at Disney about a year later...

Edited by Kamarag

Too funny!

How come no one ever lies about being in Dutchboy? (No offense to any Dutchboy members...just arbitrarily picking a lesser known corps to fill in the blank!)

Well let me tell you, there have been a few guard ppl (won't mention where they were from) that had told me at a past winterguard show that they marched Cadets of Dutch Boy Winterguard the previous winter. <_< Seeing as I've been marching with Dutch and CODB for 7 years, I would know whether they had marched CODB the previous year, ESPECIALLY since I marched that previous year they claimed to have marched...ya, nice going, lying to vet, way to be smart. <**>