Turner's Walnut Review...

And dude...if the shades worked with me sitting 10,454 feet in the air, it worked everywhere else, you ham.

Good lord!! I can't believe YOU are outhamming ME!!!!

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Hey....YOU never wore The Shirt in public!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where were your seats and how well did the shades come across up top??

I was on the 45 in row 19 and it worked for me. Nice visual.

You are not the only person from Dream that has tried recruitment. I put my name on the mailing list available in your booth. I may not be ready for this year, but we will see down the road.

Ryan,

I forgot one more piece in my review. As an announcer, I think you had the right balance between filling up time, being informational, and not saying anything at all (as the moment required). Nice work.

MANDARINS--WARNING!  I may be the only person that rants about this show, so don't be shocked.  Mandarins have really got a very well-designed show.  It's put together for the most part very well.  They stay true to the character of the music, and the costuming all across the board is great--ESPECIALLY that drum major.  Sort of a cross between Darth Vader and I don't know what!  VERY cool!  :)  Here's my issue with this corps.  First, to me, the horns were overextended in their playing.  Not a great sound in my ears.  {snip}

I couldn't agree more with your comment regarding the hornline more. I noted the same thing in Seattle. The show is VERY well designed. My only significant complaint is the tone quality of the hornline. A reviewer noted it in Stockton, I noted it in Seattle and you are making the same observation. The staff has got to be aware. If they would just dial it back a notch they would be outstanding. I think the quality of sound sticks out so much because everything else about the corps is very good. They march well, the drill is effective, the music is nice, the drumline is good, the colorguard is great, but that tone quality.... Please don't try to make 40 young horn players sound like 64!

Edited by jwscv87

I think you had the right balance between filling up time, being informational, and not saying anything at all (as the moment required). Nice work.

Better known to many as knowing when to shut it!

Thanks! Appreciate your comments...now get down to Dream next season and come have some fun! B)

MANDARINS -- . . .

I was literally SHOCKED at the singing part. It was WAY too long, about 30-45 seconds too long . . . .

I wanted to see a drum corps and instead they brought out a choir. Whoever is running the Mandarins should be embarrassed.

You are not the only person from Dream that has tried recruitment. I put my name on the mailing list available in your booth. I may not be ready for this year, but we will see down the road.

'Sokay...we hit on ANYONE within a 400 mile radius!!!

The answer to your question (about the Cascades girl) she got hit in the head from a Sabre. She got 14 staples in her head. My daughter was the one that carried her off of the field and called me afterward very upset about the whole thing. The girl that got hit is doing fine, but did sit out of the parade the next day.

Thank you for the update...and please pass on our best to her if you're able!