my god my mouth is dry!!!!!

cabsbaritone

Ok... I'm gonna try the lemons this weekend. Maybe I'll test them out in a run through first...

I would say it's just me... but it seems to be the majority of our baritone line. So I don't thik an MD is in Order quite yet...

thanks... and if anyone else has any Ideas... send em on over

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lightly bite your cheeks, and drink alot of water.

Just like the old psychology experiment with the salivating dog and the bell (Jung??), associating the thought with the taste will get the saliva rolling.

:) Pavlov..

that works for me on the field.. but if I do that while I'm singing.. I might sing "Pickles" or "Lemons" when I should be singing "suicidio!"

:lol:

Could it be because Anthony just talks too much?

The other positve thing that lemons do is help to break up the gunk in your mouth, throat and to a lesser degree your lungs often giving a much more "free" feeling of air movement. We used to take a shot of lemon juice before All-State Vocal auditions.

The lemon thing will work,I chew sugarless gum,personally,and keep it between my cheek and teeth while I play.

J :lol:

• 1 year later...

Here is what you might think a weird thought, but I have found that most toothpastes have an ingredient, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, that has the side effect of causing dry mouth. After switching to Biotene toothpaste, which you can find at any Walgreens, the dry mouth has gone away. Sugary products also have the effect of causing dry mouth later on.

Give it a shot!

Kevin

hmmm...don't know why that would happen...but in my hs band and in the Empire Statesmen, the brassline passes around a bottle of lemon juice before performances...it does help...and it's easier on your teeth than sucking on lemon quarters...sorry if someone else already said this...i didn't really have time to read all the previous posts...

Ok... I'm gonna try the lemons this weekend. Maybe I'll test them out in a run through first...

I would say it's just me... but it seems to be the majority of our baritone line. So I don't thik an MD is in Order quite yet...

thanks... and if anyone else has any Ideas... send em on over

Anthony, I get it too. For me, I think it's nerves or just breathing so much you completely dry out your mouth...

I'll bring the lemons... :P