Irmo from a teenagers point of view!!

Ok, i'm not a drum corp wizz but i've really enjoyed these past couple years of watching and listening so this review is not from a professional's view point in any way, just a fan's!

Marion Glory- Being such a big fan of The Planets I love seeing a corp perform it. I thought starting the show in the middle of mars was a little weird but i like the fact that they ventured away from the Cavies order of playing. For such a small corp I thought the big hits of the show were impressive. I thought the snare line was way too loud for such a small corp though, if you only have 20 winds you don't need 7 snares. Overall 3/10! :lol:

Kiwanis Kavaliers- The first division 1 corp of the night put on a decent show. I enjoy seeing West Side Story being preformed also. I thought the corp did a pretty good job of role-playing all through the show. Overall 5/10 :)

Colts- First corp of the night to have a decent sound. I thought the drill had its tough points but the crowd appreciated it. I had a hard time getting into the music but I liked the show better than last years. Overall 4/10 :lol:

Carolina Crown- First strong horn sound of the night! The hits in the opener made a couple of crowd members jump. The horn line was very clean and blended well even during hard drill moves. I didn't like the vocal parts at all, but BR made up for it!!! The home crowd gave the corp a well deserved standing ovation! Overall 7/10 :)

Madison Scouts- Being a Crown fan i was pretty sure that they would take second place, but that was before Madison blew my ears into the parking lot!!! Nice blend of sound overall from the corp. I really liked Malaga as the closer. A strong ending that resulted in the biggest standing O of the night. Overall 8/10 b**bs

Crossmen- Preforming after Crown and Madison was pretty tough! Both the corps really got the crowd's attention. I enjoyed the show, but it didn't get the reaction that the other two did overall from the crowd. I loved the plungers in the WM piece. Overall 6/10! :)

Phantom Regiment- I didn't think Phantom could do a show that was better than last year's Harmonic Journey. I was wrong!!! I thought their sound was crisp and clean and they kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time!!! The encore performance after the competition was excellent!!! Overall 8/10 b**bs

Is it just me because I want to think so, or are more novice, non-corps affiliated reviewers of recent shows being more wowed by Phantom Regiment than was the case in the early season? Perhaps the show is really starting to be sold?

Harvey

Is it just me because I want to think so, or are more novice, non-corps affiliated reviewers of recent shows being more wowed by Phantom Regiment than was the case in the early season?  Perhaps the show is really starting to be sold? 

Harvey

Dude, i was thinking the same thing. Like the begining of the season, most reviews were like hit or miss, with most of them being a miss. Now all i've been seeing is how they have alot of potential and how people like their show.

Looking good for Phantom :)

Dude, i was thinking the same thing. Like the begining of the season, most reviews were like hit or miss, with most of them being a miss. Now all i've been seeing is how they have alot of potential and how people like their show.

Looking good for Phantom :)

Yeah baby! Rolllllll on Phantom!!!

actually for some reason i didn't like Phantom's show.... I thought everything was good... you know the guard, the brass, etc.... but for some reason i just didn't like their show.... it wasn't very exciting at all and i know the people around me weren't very impressed either.... i'm not saying their show is bad or anything, i'm just saying it wasn't very exciting.

I did enjoy Madison's show which surprized me. And i actually thought they were going to win!

From the title I thought you were talking about DCP Irmo!