Massillon Review

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the show last year, but i remember being too mad about the scoring spread between us and Boston to really think clearly.  I do, however, remember hearing at about 5 shows that were coincidentally all in New England shouts like "Crossmen Got Ripped!" or people "BOOOOing" (NOT bluuuueing) when we beat BAC...  shouts of "BOSTON SHOULD HAVE WON" also come to mind...  yeah- i would have to say that every time we were in areas that might be considered boston or crossmen "turf" and we beat one of their corps, the general consensus from the audience was extreme disapproval of the judging/scoring that they weren’t afraid to share with us from the stands while we were standing right in front of them.  This did not happen in the south, or in the midwest... or in Orlando.... 

No hostility in MA?  Think that might have something to do with the fact that Boston outscored us by more than a point-?  :blink:

For the record, it is impossible for you to have heard boos or catcalls or " extreme disapproval "last year in Lynn Ma. ( BAC's home show ) as your original post stated as there would have been no need for any BAC fans to have booed and yelled out " Boston should have won ". The Bluecoats , as fine a corps as they are, have never defeated BAC in Lynn, Ma as a review from Soundmachine archives can show going back to 1996. Furthermore, the Bluecoats competed only once in Ma. last year, and I was at that show as I have been for the last 2 decades. The Bluecoats were a fan favorite that night as other posters told you and received very good reception from the fans in Lynn. Sadly. you do your corps a disservice when you are so critical of the fans of Lynn Ma this way. This is BAC's home show, but the overwhelming majority in the audience there, including myself, are not alumni nor tied to BAC in any way. You were not subjected to boos, nor catcalls from the stands in Lynn Ma. last year. You are flat out mistaken about that. And I just could not let you say that just because you have some perceived grievances with that Corps for whatever reason. You also did not compete in New England 5 times last year. You competed once in Connecticut and once in New Hampshire. Coincidentally, I was also at the Nashua, N.H. show and this is Nahua Spartans territory and their home show. There were no boos nor catcalls generated here either when the scores were announced. The Nashua crowd is also not a booing or rude crowd, and is certainly not a BAC fan base there per se in New Hampshire either. Again, just wanted to set the record straight here.

Edited by Lieut. General Effect

93bluecoat,

1) No beef with you 2) I smile all the time 3) If I use the word "dude", I'm pretty relaxed 4) It's ONLY drum corps, mmmmm.... 4) Did I mention I smile all the time?

5) Sorry you felt attacked.

That's cool...no hard feelins. Stop by the souvie booth sometime and we can smile together. Haha.

For the record, it is impossible for you to have heard boos  or catcalls  or " extreme disapproval "last year in Lynn Ma. ( BAC's home show )  as your original post stated as there would have been no need for any BAC fans to have booed  and yelled out " Boston should have won ".  The Bluecoats , as fine a corps as they are, have never defeated BAC in Lynn, Ma as a review from Soundmachine archives can show going back to 1996.  Furthermore, the Bluecoats competed only once in Ma. last year, and  I was at that show as I have been for the last 2 decades. The Bluecoats were a fan favorite that night as other posters told you and received very good reception from the  fans in Lynn. Sadly. you do your corps a disservice when you  are so critical of the fans of Lynn Ma this way. This is BAC's home show, but the overwhelming majority in  the audience there, including myself, are not alumni nor tied to BAC in any way. You were not subjected to boos, nor catcalls from the stands in Lynn Ma. last year. You are flat out mistaken about that. And I just could not let you say that just because you have some perceived grievances with that Corps for whatever reason. You also did not compete in  New England 5 times last year. You competed once in Connecticut and once in New Hampshire. Coincidentally, I was also at the Nashua, N.H.  show and this is  Nahua Spartans territory and their home show. There were no boos nor catcalls  generated  here either when the scores were announced.  The Nashua crowd is also not a booing or rude crowd, and is certainly not a BAC  fan base there per se  in New Hampshire either. Again, just wanted to set the record straight here.

Lets see.... I dont recally saying anything about the crowd in Lynn, MA... maybe you need to check my post again (especially before you go on for 20 lines about how i said something i didnt)... and perhaps my being from the south has given me an incorrect perception of what "New England" encompasses so i apologize for its incorrect use... the North East would have been a more appropriate term to describe the region of the country where i heard what i heard... (and, by the way, i know exactly what i heard and how many times i heard it. i am simply telling it like it is. If i had been in error, would another member of the bluecoats had posted that he remembered it being the same way?)

Just someone who was there for every single show last year "setting the record straight" here.

Forgive my poor memory, but is Lynn the show where the field is the OUTFIELD of a baseball stadium and the field was like 150 yards from the corps?

No. Manning Bowl in Lynn, Ma has no baseball played on that field. Baseball is played behind that stadium( called Fraser Field ), a semi Pro baseball franchise field. Manning Bowl has football played on the field the Corps compete in. The stands are not 150 yards away from the competing Corps. The stands are actually very close to the Corps, maybe 10 yards away from where the Pit sets up.

Lets see.... I dont recally saying anything about the crowd in Lynn, MA... maybe you need to check my post again (especially before you go on for 20 lines about how i said something i didnt)... and perhaps my being from the south has given me an incorrect perception of what "New England" encompasses so i apologize for its incorrect use... the North East would have been a more appropriate term to describe the region of the country where i heard what i heard... (and, by the way, i know exactly what i heard and how many times i heard it.  i am simply telling it like it is.  If i had been in error, would another member of the bluecoats had posted that he remembered it being the same way?)

Just someone who was there for every single show last year "setting the record straight" here.

Well, I'll accept that you know what you heard and how many times you think you heard it, as long as you'll accept the fact that there has never been any boos nor catcalls generated to the Bluecoats by the Massachusetts drum corps fans while your former corps has performed in Mass. And I'll accept the fact that you were mistaken on your geography, while acknowledging that it was not you but iceman ( poster name ) from the Bluecoats that spoke of the " crap " by the " crowd there ". I can't speak to the Northeast, just Massachusetts. But I've been to every DCI show in Mass ( usually 2 per year ) for decades. And the Bluecoats have always been warmly received by the fans in Mass. when the Bluecoats have appeared in Mass. There may have been a few catcalls and so forth generated to BAC in Ohio this week as reported, but to say this has occured in Mass.....well, not to my ears, and not to the ears of others who annually attend the Lynn show and other Mass. venues for decades. As a matter of fact, I can't think of ANY Corps that has EVER been booed or received catcalls or in any way received " crap " from a Massachusetts drum corps crowd,... ANYWHERE in Mass....Certainly not within the last 25 years or so.

Edited by Lieut. General Effect

I remember the show last year, but i remember being too mad about the scoring spread between us and Boston to really think clearly.  I do, however, remember hearing at about 5 shows that were coincidentally all in New England shouts like "Crossmen Got Ripped!" or people "BOOOOing" (NOT bluuuueing) when we beat BAC...  shouts of "BOSTON SHOULD HAVE WON" also come to mind...  yeah- i would have to say that every time we were in areas that might be considered boston or crossmen "turf" and we beat one of their corps, the general consensus from the audience was extreme disapproval of the judging/scoring that they weren’t afraid to share with us from the stands while we were standing right in front of them.  This did not happen in the south, or in the midwest... or in Orlando.... 

No hostility in MA?  Think that might have something to do with the fact that Boston outscored us by more than a point-?  :blink:

So if you didn't mention Lynn, MA by name, what city are you talking about?

"Calm down, I really DON"T care that much about those little things that happened, just thought last night was funny. Peace????"

You're not kidding when you say "little things"....

Thanks!

I knew it was not in Lynn and not in Massachusetts. New London is a little too far for me to go to a show unless it's a regional. It would have to be an overnighter.

Maybe there were a lot of people from Florida there? :blink: