I'm back........and I'm tired.

Well, my flight, and cab ride went off without a hitch.....got a great ticket outside the stadium. No problem....now I just need sleep, so I will give some quick thoughts.

Cavaliers are probably going undefeated this year. If you liked 2000/2001, you will love this show. Totaly on another level here. The only think I didnt agree on was guard.

Cadets.....um, wheres the drill ? This is the first time seeing them from high up(5th time overall)and I must say they stay pretty much in the middle of the field, and they dont move nearly as much as the other corps. Lots of individual stuff too. Guard was as good as ever, but theres just something missing here.The pledge wasnt as well received as I thought it was going to be....

Blue Devils...WOW!!!! LOUD, LOUD, LOUD..and a nice sharp clean loud. This show is very different from the last time I saw them. The drill is very well written, and definetly has room to be perfected. Guard is just ....speechless. The only thing I can see Cavies ahead of them for is probably overall effect. Content, exposure, clarity and execution goes to BD hands down, but maybe the overall effect goes to Cavies.....

Channel one was LOUD, and full of impact...House of the rising sun was excellent, my favorite of the night by them. Should be way ahead of Cadets...Im sure they will.....win ?? Only one can hope.

SCV....WOW, vintage "new era" SCV......Like the show style since 97? You will also love this. Drill leaves me speechless. Guard is really good, I liked the equipment work. Music not familiar, but pleasing. Could really see this above Cadets......They march their (&^%$+! off !

DIrty now, but watch out.

Phantom Regiment....again, LOUD, and deep and back in business....Can I tell you about their guard ???OMG, probably their best guard ever. Outfits in the opener are beautiful. IS this guard under the tutelage of Jenifer Leseth ??? if it is, kudos to her...Simply beautiful.

Drill is a little less demanding than top 4, needs more openess, and more "wow" moments. Brass was great, Percussion, a little muddy with a little phasing...love this show, 5th at least for sure.

Glassmen......ok, good drill, but not as good as their previous offerings. Javelin is ok, I am familiar with the music, but it didnt help..this corps needs a dose of excitement. Guard is better than in the past....soloist is back....good job by him !!

can be caught by the Bluecoats.

Bluecoats.....God, I love this corps. They are very strong in all areas. Brass is beautiful, loved the opener. The guard is better than usual, and sells their show well...I dont see aything that needs to be "adjusted" a solid strong performance....

Boston. OK, While I like this show, and I like the musical arrangements...It still reminds me of watching a rerun. Wheres the "newness" This large banner is unfurled and looks to be really akward....its in the way.

Loved the ending...a large flag !!

Crossmen......I have no idea why this show isnt challenging Phantom for 5th...This is the 5th time seeing this, and it just gets better, and sweeter each viewing. Best drill they ever had, Guard needs to be integrated more, but overall sells the show well. Not as good as the "best" crossmen guards, but works well. Metheny opener is so fun, and so hard, and done so well....Love the middle section as well. Strawberry Soup is an excellent vehicle for the Crossmen, they sell it well, its apealing, fun, and effective.....Why are they so low ????

Spirit......I knew they were going to top Cascaes tonight. They were electrifying. again, 5th time seeing this show, and they have taken command of it and are really selling it now....Intensity is there, and the emotion is oozing out of the now, famiiar music. The second number, the ballad, is the prettiest piece of music I have heard in about 6 years or more !!! This show, I cant say enough about, well thought out, clever concept, not overbearing, or too subtle. Brass is again, LOUD, and visually, the show has it all. Welcome back Spirit.

Cascades....I love this show, I love this corps, congratulations on the big jump to division 1. Alot more stronger and commanding then I had expected. Music, is familiar, and they did right by it. I dont think of "garfield" when I see this, I think of Cascades(Like I did 88 blue knights) They are really effective in the visual ensemble area. Guard is also very good.

They will be in finals.

Colts.....I have liked this corps every year since 1982 !!!! This years offering is just as pleasing and appealing as ever. They use rifles effectively. The music is very pleasing, and full of impact. Brass handles the music well, and percussion compliments the brass beautifully. WiIl they be in finals ??? hmmmmm.....

Thats my night review. The only thing Im gonna say about the afternoon right now is this: Madiosn Scouts will be in Finals come August 10th.

I do NOT have a bleeding heart for Madison, Im aware of their problems, but I will tell you this. Musicaly they outclass alot of the evening corps, and visually, they ranked in my book about 10th. Guard is the only real problem. They will get there though.

Thats it for now....goodnight!I was thinking all day how I was going to miss all of you guys and couldnt wait to get back!! LOL.....I need a twelve step program come September, I think !!!

~G~ ^0^

Another great review (even though, I could sense the urge to fall asleep in your review....)

But I like your predictions or more the statements of complete fact (about Madison and such).

Thanks!

Phantom Regiment....again, LOUD, and deep and back in business....Can I tell you about their guard ???OMG, probably their best guard ever. Outfits in the opener are beautiful. IS this guard under the tutelage of Jenifer Leseth ??? if it is, kudos to her...Simply beautiful.

Drill is a little less demanding than top 4, needs more openess, and more "wow" moments. Brass was great, Percussion, a little muddy with a little phasing...love this show, 5th at least for sure.

~G~ ^0^

As much as I hate to say this, I think that the PR guard should have won last night in Des Plaines....after the show....and the busses, I drove a friend to his hotel, and he downloaded his pictures to his computer. All of the pictures of PR's guard work, were awesome. It's amazing that you can get a picture, and all the flags/rifles are in the same position with each other!

HUGE KUDO's the PR guard!

great review!!!

Thats my night review. The only thing Im gonna say about the afternoon right now is this: Madiosn Scouts will be in Finals come August 10th.

I do NOT have a bleeding heart for Madison, Im aware of their problems, but I will tell you this. Musicaly they outclass alot of the evening corps, and visually, they ranked in my book about 10th. Guard is the only real problem. They will get there though.

I hope your right! I do have a bleeding heart though.... I'm a parent. They do have a fantastic show.... though I've come to understand the weaknesses a bit better.

Boston. OK, While I like this show, and I like the musical arrangements...It still reminds me of watching a rerun. Wheres the "newness" This large banner is unfurled and looks to be really akward....its in the way.

Loved the ending...a large flag !!

G, this i how ive felt the past 3 years. the drill looks the same every time...pop in a video of Tarpon Springs and youll see it again too :(