Corps you miss dearly? Who are they?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... and the Crossmen....Oh yeah I mean the real West Chester Crossmen who used to practice at Boeing Beach.

Craig S. Moyer

Hey Craig....we really didn't know where we were truly from as they changed it from year to year.....sometimes from night to night. We used to place bets as to where the announcer would say we were from each night.

:P

Too bad our old Boeing Beach is covered with buildings now! :(

Anaheim Kingsmen

27th Lancers

Bridgemen

Muchachos

VK

Sky Ryders

Kilties

Blue Rock

Aronne Rebels

LancerFi said it all with this statement

"This list is endless as we have lost so many both pre and post DCI....."

Good night!

I want all the Kansas Corps back.

Argonne, Sky Ryders, Silver Sabres, Frontiersmen, Pioniers, Tri-vel Raiders, and all the Wichita Corps.

Plus:Freelancers, Suncoast Sound, 27th, VK, Bridgemen Junior (glad to see the Alumni corps), Geneseo Knights, Florida Wave, Railmen and all the others that I've failed to mention.

Edited by Kansan

I don't know about anyone else but it seems to me that the blue stars are starting to make a rise back to open class status. What does anyone else think about this?

I miss, although I never saw any of em in person,

Star

VK

Freelancers

Sky Ryders

Judging from your posts you would have absolutely all of these. Kudos to you for having the interest in what came before your era in the activity.

Here's my list.........in no particular order and a note about what I recall......

Memphis Blues - Their 1982 arrangement of 'Can't Help Falling in Love' caused me to join this corps in 1983.

27th Lancers - The pride that was so evident every time this corps stepped on the field..........and of course 'Danny Boy'.

North Star - That opener in 1980 is still my standard for the most intense and exciting first 45 seconds of a show.

Defenders - Their contras slowly turning to the face the stands in their 1981 ballad 'Never My Love'. What a pretty sound they achieved with the horns.

Avante Garde - Those light green uniforms.

Suncoast Sound - That hornline from about 1982 - 1985.

Bridgemen - Because you never knew what was coming next......I liked them best in 1981.

Velvet Knights - Same Reason......but odds were it might include a shark or a bull wearing red sneakers or a faux judge being abused.....oh, and they played pretty well too.

Sky Ryders - Their rifle line in the early 1980's.......and an awesome hornline.

Geneseo Knights - That arrangement of 'Eleanor Rigby'.

Florida Wave - The fish flags in 1987. The arrangement of 'Fool on the Hill'. Maynard's 'Coconut Champagne' OTL. A corps that never had many resources but got as much from what they had as they could.

Freelancers - Their first brass impact in 1984 grabbed you by the throat and held you tight for 12 minutes. This show was a gas.

And others I would like to see again...corps which really entertained me at the shows of my youth. My Honorable Mentions......

Louisiana Southernaires, Seattle Imperials, St. Croix Rivermen, Anaheim Kingsman (although they were in the long slide towards demise by this point), the Guardsmen, Valley Fever..........and more that I haven't mentioned but will surely think of soon.

David

Edited by notelvis