Favorite insanely long Cadets horn lick

BennyASU

42 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite insanely long Cadets horn lick

• 1992 - To Tame the Perilous Skies (opener)
    • 1993 - In the Springtime...(opener)
    • 1993 - In the Springtime...(closer)
    • 1995 - An American Quintet (opener)
    • 1996 - The American West (2nd song)
    • 2001 - Juxtaperformance (closer)

1997 would get my vote, but from the list I voted for 1992, and a close 2nd would be 2001.  3rd in brass???  That judge was smokin somethin'!

w/Stp: SCV got a gift...and i think BD did too

Keep up with the "gift" theory, and you'll nevet get a gift from me, pal.

Are you still Blonde ?? This response makes me think yes !! LOL LOL

I also would vote for the 1997 Opener, just awesome, nevermind the fact that they arent moving, the opening set was beautiful, the flagwork was beautiful. 1997 !

On the list, I voted for 1992.

~G~

(now, behave..........)

All of you can thank Frank Williams for the incredible mello lines that the Cadets put out every year. Frank made Suncoast Sound make finals in the 80's and in the late 80's and into 90's Frank Williams beat the s**t out of those mello lines to build them up to what they are today.

Frank is working with the Glassmen now, and the reason the Glassmen have been doing runs in the last few years, is because of Frank.

w/Stp: SCV got a gift...and i think BD did too

Keep up with the "gift" theory, and you'll nevet get a gift from me, pal.

Are you still Blonde ?? This response makes me think yes !! LOL LOL

I also would vote for the 1997 Opener, just awesome, nevermind the fact that they arent moving, the opening set was beautiful, the flagwork was beautiful. 1997 !

On the list, I voted for 1992.

~G~

(now, behave..........)

LOL! Sorry G, but at least i was unbiased and said that SCV got a gift too :P And yes im still blond, but only on the tips now that its grown out. It looks d### good now B) :)

And i cant believe i forgot 97 on the poll. I meant to make a spot that said "97, the WHOLE show!" but then i forgot once i got around to making the poll. :( But that would be my vote too. That opening set is VERY pleasing to the eye, and guard is stunning!

All of you can thank Frank Williams for the incredible mello lines that the Cadets put out every year. Frank made Suncoast Sound make finals in the 80's and in the late 80's and into 90's Frank Williams beat the s**t out of those mello lines to build them up to what they are today.

the cadets mellophone line was spectacular before mr. williams ever got there. let me think of a good example...oh yeah: 1982- 1989.

i think we can all thank jim prime, michael klesch, robert smith [wrote the book in 89], and jay bocook for the wicked mellophone parts. without them, the staff wouldn't have anything to clean!

and yes, vanguard and blue devils got a HUGE gift on finals night in 2001.

:]

1998...mad licks all over the place. Definitely 1998