1980 SCV

Lancerlady also on the 1980 DVD you'll find Crossmen also doing a bit of assymetrical drill. It was during the "Planets"(Songs from Superman the Movie) part of our show. Because so many members were on one side of the field, the judges didn't know how to judge it. That was the same problem SCV ran into.

You can see the form here....this was taken in Whitewater;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Mal...1980Planets.jpg

GREAT PHOTO, WHO DESIGN THE VISUAL PROGRAM?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that SCV jumped ahead of the pack. I would ad that the Regiments drill that year was far superior to anything they had done up to that point and was a notch below SCV.

Rocketman - Drill me this

ampssuck

Lancerlady also on the 1980 DVD you'll find Crossmen also doing a bit of assymetrical drill. It was during the "Planets"(Songs from Superman the Movie) part of our show. Because so many members were on one side of the field, the judges didn't know how to judge it. That was the same problem SCV ran into.

It was "your" Tony Smith....who was at the time writing for both Boston and Crossmen.

It does sicken me that he doesn't get credit for that year like he deserves.....but knowing Tony, I don't think it bothered/bothers him. B)

The Crossmen Planet drill was a gas!!!

the visual and musical coordination with the expanding  and contracting sop line

moving across the fifty felt as if you were in outer space ...sop, mid,  bari, and DL

all as planets in contrary motion connected and pulled by the flag line

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. B) We (guard) were supposed to be the Orbit. Funny thing about each group of "hornline planets".....they made up the moves themselves.

At one show a drum judge got caught in the "drum planet" ....they saw that he was trapped, so they closed the intervals even tighter so he couldn't get out! :P Finally, when they opened up, he was released, he held up his clip board and bolted out!

There were many places in our show that were "judges traps." :)

[At one show a drum judge got caught in the "drum planet" ....they saw that he was trapped, so they closed the intervals even tighter so he couldn't get out!  :P  Finally, when they opened up, he was released, he held up his clip board and bolted out!

There were many places in our show that were "judges traps."  :)

b**bs

Love it, love it!

[At one show a drum judge got caught in the "drum planet" ....they saw that he was trapped, so they closed the intervals even tighter so he couldn't get out!  :P  Finally, when they opened up, he was released, he held up his clip board and bolted out!

There were many places in our show that were "judges traps."  :)

b**bs

Love it, love it!

Anybody besides uncle z willing to 'fess up to "adjusting" their drill a small amount to do some "judge stalking"???? ^0^

It was "your" Tony Smith....who was at the time writing for both Boston and

Crossmen.

It does sicken me that he doesn't get credit for that year like he deserves.....but knowing Tony, I don't think it bothered/bothers him. B)

Thanks, my last year was 1979 that was a very interesting drill boston had

25 brass marching at spacings of 5 an 6. The threshold ballad ending in the

top left corner with the jay m. rifle line ending laying on the ground like a

5th ave. window display. The time for a change ending in 9/4

hand

It was "your" Tony Smith....who was at the time writing for both Boston and Crossmen.

AS I was saying the 1979 boston visual program was great

the crossmen should have been top 10 in 1979 the box drill was spectacular

I did see some judges get trapped. Your Right Tony was more into the

Kids then the judges. the crowd you could control and came first. the score was

secondary

It was "your" Tony Smith....who was at the time writing for both Boston and

Crossmen.

Thanks, my last year was 1979 that was a very interesting drill boston had

25 brass marching at spacings of 5 an 6. The threshold ballad ending in the

top left corner with the jay m. rifle line ending laying on the ground like a

5th ave. window display. The time for a change ending in 9/4

hand

Yes, your rifle line in '79 ROCKED! In fact, many of the girls on our guard wore your T-Shirts under their uniforms! :worthy:

AS I was saying the 1979 boston visual program was great

the crossmen should have been top 10 in 1979 the box drill was spectacular

I did see some judges get trapped. Your Right Tony was more into the

Kids then the judges. the crowd you could control and came first. the score was

secondary

Boy, 1979 is a sore spot for any Bones alumni.....it was a very tough summer! Going to California with four buses, only to return with two was enough to cause most corps to fold.

Yes, our box drill was fun in both '79 and '80 as well. It was very disheartening to be placing in the top 9 all season only to be knocked out of finals by a few tenths. Darn, if we only had quarter-finals back then! :worthy: