Finals thoughts

Waiting to head to the airport, here are my finals thoughts and reflections.

Big Ken....that was me that yelled the Kingston scoes to ya...Liz thanks for calling.

jack###### who yell should be shot. secuty, when told people are not in the right seats do something about it.

anywho...met Rich and Sproud from the Renegades. Stef I forgot to get my shirt.

SCV Alumni......wonderful! amazing! God ###### incredible. The way you wove all those tunes together was great and you represeted all of the best of SCV. The place went nuts for the Bottle Dance....and i was w/em. Thank you so much for being the Vanguard.

Marines...well done.......as always the crowd loves you and our playing has gotten better the last few years.

Seattle.....congrats on getting in! Absolutely wonderful show and I liked it better each night. I'd say you guys have huge future ahead of you.

Magic....thesympathy of the night went to the tenor player who got taken out in the opener.....and i do mean taken out. drums, hat, body all on the turf. and the kid got back up, and played his ### off. drum judge was so stunned even he went to check on him. Awesome show and welcome back Magic.....I am glad you're back.

Spirit....Steve I hope the phone call was everything you wanted. yes I yelled "do it for Jason again"...this corps turned it up another level tonight, and d###, it was god to see baby blue at finals again. I finally noticed all the rifles and flag poles were baby blue...cool touch.

Xmen......tonight was your best show yet. Hornlin cut like a knife in "Heat of the Day"....Lee beddi used to have the Gmen ram, now he has the Xmen groove.......a great show in other yes would hve sen higher placemnt.

at this point some jackass behind me started going off on the cool dudes next to me...he said they were distracting and rude. After a few minutes of them b#### slapping each other, I turned around and loudly #####slapped em all and threatened to call security. the guys to my left apologized, and the jackass behin me ignored me all night. several neighbors thanked me.

Bluecoats....what a show. Yeah I am biased but d###, who didnt like it? the last 3 minutes were pure electricity,and that quad line was sick. Eric, that was your best drill to date my friend and Dan....you were right....Thursday i hadnt seen anything yet!

Gmen......more obvious issues tonight than any other night...and it showed in the scores. Flugel guy is still god. awesom drumline.

Boston...the GE masters turned it up a notch. This show ranks up there w/00 in terms of pulling at the Heart Strings...and yes I did the conquest chants. The flag set at the end was beautiful.

Phantom......i took a bath in cholcolat. what a horn sound and a bas line to die for.Your best since 96, and you had the crowd in your hnds all night. welcome back.

SCV.....Jesus the intensity turned up......the cymbal line from h###....seriously..mothers...let your boys be SCV plates. The show was breathtaking last night and honestly, i had you higher.

Cadets....some performance issues...especially guard in the closer...hurt you. The NYFD moment would have ben better had you done moe to spotlight it and maybe you should have done it Friday as well. Fun show to watch, best drumline all week, but flat at the end all 3 days.

BD.......I love you guys again! you wailed, you screamed and you sounded like the BD i fell in love with. drum thing t the end w/the rack is awesome and please, stay on this path!

Cavies.....congrats guys. i love the show more and more....i watched more visual tonight nd geezus.....amazing. drumline played thir best all week and th brass sound deserved it's numbers. During the victory run someone lost a shoe, and a guard member picked it up and made it part of his routine...too funny. Jupiter during the victory run was goosebumps.

Best year for DCI in a long long time. I hope they dont f### it up.

Madison taxis still suck and Wild Wings(BW3) is my home here forever. sorry i missed the picnic DCP'ers....i felt like death.

anywho...met Rich and Sproud from the Renegades. Stef I forgot to get my shirt.

Madison taxis still suck and Wild Wings(BW3) is my home here forever. sorry i missed the picnic DCP'ers....i felt like death.

hmmm.....

maybe it was something you ate at wild wings???? :D

^0^

Jeff another great review... Hope your feeling better

You took a bath in chocolate?Did they swash your buckle, too??j/k

:P

Spirit....Steve I hope the phone call was everything you wanted.

Although nothing could ever be as good as being there in person, the sound on the phone was much better than I anticipated. Hearing Georgia from the field for the warmup did this old Spirit soul a lot of good...it brought tears to my eyes and a lump in my throat. When the show finished, I felt like I had been saluted by the members on the field...they made all of us Spirit alumni very proud!

Thanks Jeff. Your call made my weekend!

I got a similar call Steve, Brad Hood...fellow Baritone in CV with me, dialed me up just as PR was taking the field on Quarters....

"Hello, Hello, Brad whats up dude?"

"Shut up, listen"

(Regiments opening statement)

I wish I could have been there, but it made me proud too as an alum that they were back in the Top 5 where we belong......

Jeff, great review, and sorry we missed you!