Bridgemen 1977

My husband and I got the 1977 DVD because the Bridgemen, would've been 4th had they not been disqualified. Also because that was the year he fell in love with 27th Lancers with the "Rocky" show. I have to admit I love it too, but It was the first time I saw either show! Man, that whole show of Bridgemen rocks. But I love their version of "Land of Make Believe". So I guess this was more the version that "Blast" adopted uh?

I wouldn't want to be a judge in either of those shows! 27 or Bridgemen.

I was wondering if any alumni can tell me, was that the last year they used the rotary silver horns? I know that Bridgemen did appeal the ruling, but what was the final finding by DCI?

Sorry if this has been discussed, but its my first time witnessing such greatness! :rolleyes::bleah:

I loved their color guard! :bleah::bleah:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that whole show of Bridgemen rocks. 

Sorry if this has been discussed, but its my first time witnessing such greatness! :rolleyes:  :bleah: 

I loved their color guard! :bleah:  :bleah:

IMHO, they had the BEST version of Pagliacci that year (sorry Rocketman and various Kilts Alumni)!  Welcome back my friends to the show tht never ends, indeed!!!!!!!

One thing that made the 1977 Bridgemen so special was their soprano soloist, Jim Brady, who was only 17 years-old at the time!

Which one was he? They had alot of soprano soloist. Some that really looked over 21.. :rolleyes:

Sorry, wrong thread. :rolleyes:

But I do love the '77 Bridgemen show! b**bs

Edited by StarContra4-85

One thing that made the 1977 Bridgemen so special was their soprano soloist, Jim Brady, who was only 17 years-old at the time!

Yes, that guy screamed the WHOLE show. I do not doubt he was 17, but he sure looked and played older! I wonder what Mr. Brady is doing today?

Now how about those '77 Madison Scouts!

Jim Brady is having a very successful career music/playing wise. He has played with many of the greats, and also has CDs out. I have to look for the letter I have regarding him, I was involved with a letterwriting campain to DCI/HOF (Dr. Dave) regarding him and I'm sure an alumnus of the Bridgemen could elaborate much better than I and give you specifics....

Some people believe that members should also be including in the HOF. Or maybe we should have one for members who go on to either teach, or have successful careers, or bus drivers, or quartermasters, well you get the idea....