Got Brigs?

I live about a mile from the centre and seafront. Like, its actually Brighton!  I can hear the seagulls as I type! I grew up about 5 miles inland though, in a village called Hassocks.

Rottingdean is a lovely place. How small is this world! So now you have another reason to visit the UK.... ME  B)  b**bs

God bless ya! I'm definately going to visit sometime then! Is it easy to hop over to Amsterdam from there?

Have you ever heard a singer/songwriter by the name of Nicky Mitchell? She is fabulous. I'll have to try to track down her schedule or website, she plays around in Brighton.

And Zoe Lewis is my friend from Rottingdean - she lives in P-Town now, which is Provincetown (on the very tip of Cape Cod), where I keep threatening to take you. You would probably like it a lot, it reminds Zoe of home. Her 90 somthing year old mum still lives in Rottingdean though, so Zoe is there to visit on occasion.

On one of Zoe's cds, she has a tune called "Cuppa Tea" and she starts it off with these little old English ladies sitting around talking about how they fix their tea. It's priceless!

I just looked at her schedule and looky here.

Too bad we have camp this weekend:

APRIL SUN 24th

The KOMEDIA

Brighton, UK

www.komedia.co.uk

But I'll email her, maybe she's there during the week and will sit in somewhere with Nicky or something.

Edited by SaraNYC

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God bless ya!  I'm definately going to visit sometime then!  Is it easy to hop over to Amsterdam from there?

Have you ever heard a singer/songwriter by the name of Nicky Mitchell?  She is fabulous.  I'll have to try to track down her schedule or website, she plays around in Brighton.

And Zoe Lewis is my friend from Rottingdean - she lives in P-Town now, which is Provincetown (on the very tip of Cape Cod), where I keep threatening to take you.  You would probably like it a lot, it reminds Zoe of home.  Her 90 somthing year old mum still lives in Rottingdean though, so Zoe is there to visit on occasion. 

But I'll email her, maybe she's there during the week and will sit in somewhere with Nicky or something.

I briefly flew to the PTown airport there with Keck last summer, so I kinda know it. Really nice. I havent heard of either of the girls, but I will keep my ears open - my sis is called Zoe, but I'm pretty sure it's not her :P . Although if you and her were to play cricket, you'd be on the same team B)

Hey it's getting closer for the next camp. April 9 and 10. Recruiting is going very well.. If there's anybody interested in marching Brigs, you should attend this camp. It's going to be awesome to say the least. Pete and Myself have been working on the final numbers and it's looking fantastic. E-mail me if there's any interest. DKBrigs27th@aol.com

Dave Keck

Dir. of Recruiting

Syracuse Brigadiers

I briefly flew to the PTown airport there with Keck last summer, so I kinda know it. Really nice. I havent heard of either of the girls, but I will keep my ears open  - my sis is called Zoe, but I'm pretty sure it's not her  :P . Although if you and her were to play cricket, you'd be on the same team  B)

Well allllrighty then! I have a friend who has been bugging me to go back to Amsterdam with her, so if we can set up a UK/Netherlands jaunt, I will drag her along with me. And if you and her were to play soccer, she would be on your team! b**bs

Extra added bonus - my friend is also a Wagner scholar who has spent a lot of time in Germany. So maybe we can get Oliver in on the deal and schedule a stop there too.

All after the marching season of course. If I have any money left! :ph34r:

KROON!!! It's great to hear that you will be in attendance at the April 9/10 camp. I had to post in regards to your last statement though- for all you peoples out there praying for snow that weekend- keep praying! We'll just move our work out portion of the day into the gym!!! And then spend the entire rehearsal there learning how to play a horn and move the feet and breathe and move and sewat and play and play better until we don't suck anymore! Or- if it's nice we'll just go outside until dark. Oh- how it's going to be a fun weekend- if you only knew the half of it!!! See all you in a couple weeks-

Pete

Hey can I trouble anyone for the new warm ups and the music so I don't look like a fool when i show up. If that could be possible it would be great.

I can't believe no one has commented on this yet...so many jokes, so little time... :ph34r:

Seriously, glad to hear you'll be at the next camp Kroon! :)

Well a 'party' is a party - so a beer for breakfast after no sleep, then breakfast pizza, was my idea of heaven.

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh............................