Equipment pet names

Cleo

Hi all! I was just wondering what you guys called your fave equipment. In high school, my rifle was called Bruce which was short for "Bruiser" cuz he gave me lots of bruises. I'm hopefully gonna be a rifle again this summer (Been a flag for past 3 seasons) and I wanted a fresh start. I decided to name my rifle Cleopatra, or Cleo for short. (hence the screen name.) My reasoning is this: Cleopatra was a powerful yet beautiful ruler who had a nation at her feet.

Now....what are YOUR fave pieces of equipment called?

8^)

Ta-ta!~

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when my brother was little, he had 3 imaginary friends- gun, sword and charlie.  thus, my rifle was named gun, my sabre- sword, and my flag- charlie.  my very first rifle's name was killer- for obvious reasons as it was my first year on rifle.

I never named my rifles when I marched. But when I instructed, we got some new rifles that were considerably shorter than the conventional rifles. It was during the years Fantasy Island was on. So, it seemed appropriate that I named my rifle Herve, after the actor who played Tatoo. I still have that rifle actually!!

My sabre was named Victor, after my old color guard captian during my marching days. Her name was Vickie, and she was very skinny. My sabre was skinnier than my rifle, sooo.....

And my flag was named Lance. Short for Lancelot.

And here I thought I was the only wierdo who named inanimate objets!

Now that I think about it, it was weird to only name my rifle. I can't for the life of me remember the name of my first rifle, but my second was Oscar..can't remember why. The second was Burt, and my best friend named hers Ernie. Then another was named g-pig after a girl who always said guinepig. But now it makes sense why you would name all your equiment. Maybe I it was because my rifle was always my favorite.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

i have incredibly small hands..my gloves had to be altered, (seriously!)  my rifle was a shaved down version of everyone else's, so it would appear the same, but i could get my hand around it for parallels and stuff like that.  one show it got misplaced in my guard c.o.'s spot.  that's when it  got it's name....after the show she screamed "i never want to see that THING again!"

from that point on, my rifle was thing.  never did name my flag or sabre, though......

Ü

jan

• 4 weeks later...

My first rifle eer was an old POS, and it being my sophmore year,I sucked and dropped all the time, and everytime i would drop my gun, little chips of wood would fly out.  Thus i named it "Chip"  Some of the underclassmen attempled to take it from me but i just told them off and took it home.        ;)^

• 2 weeks later...

I call my sabre SB #9 because, well that's what it says on the blade LOL