Site reading

flamtap65

I suppose the answer to this is obvious, but i am going to an audition where i am not able to view the audition materials before the audition. My site reading skills are not that bad but they are far from what they are. I know it is important to be able to pick up on things fast and i think i can gnerally do that well, but i have a hard time site reading adv. music and doing it well, tends to take me a little longer than normal..

if you say just pracice site reading, i say yeah i know, but i have no accesss to any materials to practice with, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

thanks

there has to be some way for you to get something to sight read.

go to sites like Tapspace.com and buy some. get some from friends. even sight read concert percussion stuff. anything. just sight read, sight read, sight read.

One thing that a lot of my friends do (so do I) is sight read "stick control". Just set the 'nome, pick a page and RIP IT. You kill 2 birds with 1 "STONE" (hayuck,hayuck)

I suppose the answer to this is obvious, but i am going to an audition where i am not able to view the audition materials before the audition.  My site reading skills are not that bad but they are far from what they are.  I know it is important to be able to pick up on things fast and i think i can gnerally do that well, but i have a hard time site reading adv. music and doing it well, tends to take me a little longer than normal..

if you say just pracice site reading, i say yeah i know, but i have no accesss to any materials to practice with, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

thanks

...........Ray Charles couldn't sight-read either. He did okay B)

............what the heck is this HERE!!!

i posted this on another forum .....but it will work here to

the one thing have learned from talking to prfessional musicians about sight reading is most of them say the same thing .....the only way to get better at sight reading is to do it every day ....and they mean every day.

hope this helps