In preperation for the 2005 LIVE season

I have already been asked about the upcoming 2005 LIVE season as to when it will start. At the time I was waiting for DCI to post their tentative schedule since DCP-I runs parallel with that. Now thanks to reading the Junior forum I just found out that the 2005 schedule is up.

Here's the skinny...

1. DCP-I always starts the day before DCI. So that means, tentatively, the season will begin on June 16, 2005. The FINALS are the day after the real finals. Some surprises have come out of this.

2. Only the placement of the 2004 season are used. Multiple years are for OFF seasons only. These are already up so you can think about your caption selection. Right now there isn't a date set for submission. Probabaly in April or May.

3. The generation of the scores this early in the year is based off of the first 5 shows of the last LIVE season and then as the corps perform the caption scores are replaced. So corps out west or east who start later in the season will have generated scores for a while. Usually by July all the corps will be on live scores or generated scores by these live scores.

4. The rules for caption changes stay the same. Though there will be some changes because I set regional championships to early this OFF season. And there will be MANDATORY regional shows this year. I'm looking at possibly two, and they will be two "day" affairs.

5. I'm hoping to get the FDCI program running long before June 16 so that the amount of work Jeff or I have to do will be brought down to a minimum and also there will be less chance of errors. I'm also going to look into studying some Bayesian statistics to possibly improve the line fitting.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the rules congress proposal? Are you in favor of it?

What about adding the Opens for the Div 2/3 circuit? Garden State open, North American, Canadian, Coast Guard? Those are the ones I remember!

Maybe do those for the Div 2/3 corps while the Div 1 have their required post regional shows (eg...Indy, San Antonio, Allentown)

Edited by CincinnatiGloryMello

That would be cool.

Traditional Open sites:

Garden State - Somewhere in NJ (never actualy did that one)

North American - Erie, PA

Canadian Open - Sault St Marie, ONT

Coast Guard - Grand Haven, MI

I figure we can move them to different parts of the country if needed. Move one out west, and one in the Mid West or South.

Question: How will BD's European tour reflect on their potential scores for this upcoming season? Generated the whole time they're over there?

Hey I know it's been done in the past, but how would people who are marching this summer be able to keep their fantasy corps running...MY corps the Guernsey Cadets went inactive for the offseason but plans to come back for the live season...I know it's been done last year but I wasn't for sure?