Massachusetts Drum Corps Question

Especially not "Richard" if you had to also carry that "little" with you too.

BINGO...We have a winner !!!! :huh:

Edited by john2780

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres a picture with Vinnie, Ned, and Jack

1975Practice.jpg

I want to know if Gary C is wearing shorts....or is already "oobie"? b**bs

Especially not "Richard" if you had to also carry that "little" with you too.

BINGO...We have a winner !!!! :worthy:

That is also why we never called Michael Denehy "little"........

That guy kneeling in front is looking at something !!!!

THat's Dominic Napolitano and knowing Gary, he may have been oobie !!!

THat's Dominic Napolitano and knowing Gary, he may have been oobie !!!

Hi John, Im not remembering Dominic. What did he do? And "oobie " I remember very well. I remember thinking NO WAY.

Eddie

Hi John, Im not remembering Dominic. What did he do? And "oobie " I remember very well. I remember thinking NO WAY.

Eddie

Hey Eddie - John must sleeping.

Dominic was a heavy set guy with a goatee. He was moreof a musician than a drummer - meaning - he knew melodies and harmonies and scales as opposed to rudiments and banging. Dominic worked with the timps and could read and write music - something I know Gary C, and Joe Morella could not do. In fact, most of the drumline in 75 and 76 could not read. It wasn't until Mike Kumer arrived in 77 that the drumline made a concerted effort to learn how to read.

I remember Dominic was around for the start of the 76 season, but he didn't go into the season with us. Dom was a great guy - not sure he always understood the drum corps scene, especially the characters that we had in 27th.

BTW - you win hands down - the best avatar I have ever seen. :doh:

Jim

Hey Eddie - John must sleeping.

Dominic was a heavy set guy with a goatee. He was moreof a musician than a drummer - meaning - he knew melodies and harmonies and scales as opposed to rudiments and banging. Dominic worked with the timps and could read and write music - something I know Gary C, and Joe Morella could not do. In fact, most of the drumline in 75 and 76 could not read. It wasn't until Mike Kumer arrived in 77 that the drumline made a concerted effort to learn how to read.

I remember Dominic was around for the start of the 76 season, but he didn't go into the season with us. Dom was a great guy - not sure he always understood the drum corps scene, especially the characters that we had in 27th.

BTW - you win hands down - the best avatar I have ever seen. :doh:

Jim

Jim ,

If Johns not sleeping, he's trick or treating, or playing bocce on his court. I dont remember Dominic, it was around the begining of March that I was told I couldnt compete because of when my birthday fell. What did the note from the poet say? The cast of characters WOW. Was'nt it great. I could'nt wait to get to practice.

Thanks about the avatar. I use several 3D CAD packages at work that are really amazing. That avatar took less than 5 minutes.

At work I discuss a concept in the morning, use a CAD program to create the concepts' geometry in 3D, send the geomerty in DXF files to the CNC dept and within minutes I have a finished prototype, ready for testing and approval. Its different everyday. I think Im going to make a table top replica of the cage.

Eddie

Jim ,

If Johns not sleeping, he's trick or treating, or playing bocce on his court. I dont remember Dominic, it was around the begining of March that I was told I couldnt compete because of when my birthday fell. What did the note from the poet say? The cast of characters WOW. Was'nt it great. I could'nt wait to get to practice.

Thanks about the avatar. I use several 3D CAD packages at work that are really amazing. That avatar took less than 5 minutes.

At work I discuss a concept in the morning, use a CAD program to create the concepts' geometry in 3D, send the geomerty in DXF files to the CNC dept and within minutes I have a finished prototype, ready for testing and approval. Its different everyday. I think Im going to make a table top replica of the cage.

Eddie

I remember well that you were a machinist - and glad to hear you are still working around the tools. I use AutoCAD exclusively - but no 3D stuff on my resume. I do large, heavy industrial projects - all flat plate weldments. I design stuff for the pulp and paper industry. My buddy is a machinist back in Worcester - works a double spindle lathe. He does all the programming and lets the machine create the parts. I was teaching drafting at a local college and my buddy would give me spare parts and a copy of the print he used to make the parts for my classes.

Kewl stuff.

I remember well that you were a machinist - and glad to hear you are still working around the tools. I use AutoCAD exclusively - but no 3D stuff on my resume. I do large, heavy industrial projects - all flat plate weldments. I design stuff for the pulp and paper industry. My buddy is a machinist back in Worcester - works a double spindle lathe. He does all the programming and lets the machine create the parts. I was teaching drafting at a local college and my buddy would give me spare parts and a copy of the print he used to make the parts for my classes.

Kewl stuff.

the software packages are really cool. If I want to do a real quick 3D concept I love using IronCad. For engineering purposes our company has decided that we should use SolidWorks, it too is 3D and with it we can actually assemble solid components and then animate the assembly or mechanism to check for clearances, fit, friction and stress. I also use AutoCad and MechanicalDesktop because many of our customers part prints are in AutoCad. I good friend of mine has a web site called Scotty's AutoCad. The site is huge. He is a professor at Joliet College near Chicago. I marched in drum corp with him for many years. If you ever have a question or a problem with AutoCad he can help you. He is one of the people that AutoCad uses to debug new releases. Tell him your from 27 and you know Eddie. Hes a great guy.

Eddie