DCP-Associates

Actually it fairly simple. Just a lot of numbers flying about. DCA puts in the sub-captions until DCI that's why it looks difficult. Here's how to figure it out...

Visual Composite = (Field Visual + Ensemble Visual + Colorguard)/2

Music Composite = (Percussion + Brass)*(3/8)

Effect Total = Visual Effect + Ensemble Effect

------------------------------------------------

Total Score

I did some math for Tom Peashey about this change and the results were not much different than if they stayed with the previous sheets. So IF I decide to add a previous year, the change wouldn't be hard to do. Just a bit more time.

The only time DCA has used 2 judges in the Vis. Eff. and Ens. Eff. are in major shows. I won't be doing that. Just one judge per caption.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can sense that many of us, myself included, are going to need a good primer on DCA scoring.

hehehe...us DCA Vets might have an advantage then. :)

Steve, are we going to be doing two classes like DCA, where they have the Open Class (?) and the A Class (?)

We should B)

Actually there isn't an advantage to either. The Open and A Class are all scored the same and on the same sheets. It's like the D2/3s ranked on the same sheets as the D1. They are just smallers corps.