some old corps photos

Hi there.  Michael Bouchard is also in this picture in the center, he was a contra bass!  He may have jumped in at the last minute!  He was a friendly person!  Also, Lynn L. (who married a B-men R.I.P) is in this photo-she was a mallet player.  She the shorter one on the right side, about the height of the guy on the far left!  Her brother Chris also marched.  We got tickets together for the Beverly show last year.  It was great to see them both!!

I don't see Georgie B. either.  It must have been bedlam back there, I need to look for one where it might be all bass drummers!

HOLD ON A MINUTE - for once in my life - I deeply beg for your correction LancerFi. Seeing as I taught that bass line in 1982, I'll offer the following - going from Right to Left. 1) is No. 2 Bass Admiral Chris Perry 2) The young lady is Heidi McAndrews - our first bass. She is Jake's younger sister. 3) in the center is our No. 4 Bass Major Kirk Dorr - US Army - presently stationed in Iraq and should be concluding his year long tour on Feb 25, 4) is No. 5 Bass oldest brother Doug Dorr, 5) is No. 3 Bass - Erik Dorr (twin of Kirk). Missing from that photo is No. 6 bass - Jeff Adriano - brother of Laurie. (He was missing a lot more than the photo.....Laurie's twin marched with Blue Stars.)

Georgie did not march in 1982. And regretfully, Lynn L is a widow, her hubby passing away 5 or 6 years ago. She was living in NY, and does keep in touch with Tyronne P.

Although people seem to believe that there was friendship between these two drum lines - it was not. It was cut throat competition between us. Since neither corps did "well" in 1982, their anxiety simply evaporated and they broke down their competitive barriers at the finale.

You will also note that picture is backwards. Evidenced by the custom made "SPACELINE" decals on the 27th bass drums in the background. The script is backwards.

To Uncle Z, Rob, and Paul "Never Been Under" Milano: Thanks for the shout out boys. Yes, I'm alive and well and living in St. Germain, WI. where it is a balmy -8 degrees this morning. Been traveling a bunch since the first of the year and just haven't had a chance to play much lately. That was a great shot of Brejcha. I'll have to let him know he's a DCP celebrity! If I can get an old photo scanned I'll try to post it of the whole tymp line from 73 which includes the late Kurt Groh. He's in that 74 shot too of course but to tell the truth I thought I was the guy on the far left in that shot! Too far to tell for sure. This is a great thread and brings back lots of memories of the glory days. By the way Paul, I saw Lenny Szulic last weekend. He's still doin' it with the Royal Airs this year.

Hey Z,

I hear that the Marquis are in the process of making a come back. You know anything about this?

First rehearsal was last Sunday--Z drove by on the way to work and there was only 5-6 cars outside the facility :( .

We'll see what happens..........the mighty oak grows from a simple acorn, right?

__hr_coolend2.jpg

1977 Denver Finals

(Me 3rd from R)