some old corps photos

Last one for now. 71 SCV!

71SCVcopy.jpg

Why are the snares off the 50??? b**bs

Ooow,, oow, Sally you can see my tassle, finally.....whew.....last line in the middle!

Oh sorry, it's on my avatar...sorry!

Yeah but it was such a cool picture, I knew that was you! :) OH and I found this guy who is selling some great photo's on ebay. I'm waiting in anticipation to see if he has some more from my years! Oh I can't wait till Monday. Y'all should go check them out they are so clear! It looks like they're either from DCI east or Whitewater most of them are SCV, Blue Devils, Phantom, I saw some Dutch Boy, Geneso Knights, 27th Lancers and I'm sure he has others but the clarity is incredible! I just typed in the corps name and these clear pictures came up on ebay! :) Happy hunting! I'm sure there are more but just a heads up! :)

I just noticed he has A LOT, like Colts, Madison Scouts, Bridgemen, from 78-83 and also some senior corps! :laugh:

Edited by Lancerlady

71SCVcopy.jpg

To make room for the Tympani!! :P

Edited by MsBusDriver

all the photos starting at page one are back! :P

they were gone for a while because they exceeded the bandwidth allowed at photobucket!

i put too many up too quick! and too many people viewed them all at once!

they reset every month!

so, they are all back!! :P

Edited by yonnenana

That's actually fairly common in early years. It wasn't until the mid 70s that drumline "elevator drills" were the thing. Drum ine drill was simplified in those years for the sake of a good drum execution score (back when they had ticks and fleas and lice in the judging booth). Long ago, in the before time, drummers even did high(er) mark time and pinwheels and bursts like horn players. But, try to play clean that way on a drum with a strap and a leg rest. In that way the tick system wasn't so great.