some old corps photos

ummm... Les Corps de L'Ouest actually translates to 'The Corps of the West'........

My grade 7 French teacher would be so proud that I remember that much.........

unless of course you're being facetious...... :rock:

kel

:lol:

Woe to the Republic.

Yes. Because I actually thought Les Corps de l'Ouest meant 'I surrender.'

Hoy.

It's in the 1981 DCI Yearbook (the green one), on the second page of the Blue Devils article ("Les Corps de L'Ouest," which translated from the French means "I surrender.")

If I could scan it I would; I bet someone else on this thread here can rock it for you. Hope this helps.

Thanks, That's where I thought I would find it if I could put a hand to my old DCI yearbooks. I _thought_ I had seen it somewhere on DCP, but perhaps not.

I haven't seen this one posted here before; I got it from the Spirit "Delta House".

Spirit of Atlanta, performing at Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium on July 3, 1977:

spirit77.jpg

Cadets banned in Columbus.........

Yes. Cooper Stadium, Clippers Stadium and Franklin County Stadium are all the same.

The day of the contest it rained heavy, at contest time the stadium officials wanted to move the 50 yard lind down so the corps would not have to march on the pitchers mound, they didn't care about the base pads they were level ground and the surface was astro turf.

But in no way would they allow anyone to walk or march on the pitchers mound because of it's raised surface.

The contest committee would not move the 50 yard line, because of it location to the prime seats, it would have put the 50 in front of a vacent area betweeen the main stadium and bleacher seate along side the base line.

Most corps said that they didn't come close to the mound, but the cadets said there spread drill might put them on it.

The stadium manager said that if you cover it, he would allow a member to march over it but not stop and mark time in the area.

When it came time for the cadets to perform, several staff member came out on the field with a covering.

During there performance only one or two members crosses the mound.

It was after there performance that the stadium staff descouvered that the cadets had removed a covering from a part of the stadium and used it, this started it all.

You could hear them yelling all the way to the press box on the upper level.

The contest committee steped in and calmed things down..........there more, but now back to the picture show......

Sorry it took me so long to find them - but i actually have photo evidence of this incident:

Bridgemen leaving the field, Garfields staff in the background.

83Cooper-1.jpg

83Cooper-2.jpg

83Cooper-3.jpg

Sorry it took me so long to find them - but i actually have photo evidence of this incident:

Bridgemen leaving the field, Garfields staff in the background.

83Cooper-1.jpg

83Cooper-2.jpg

83Cooper-3.jpg

It's funny because in the picture it sure looks like they are covering up 2nd base and not the poitchers mound which is farther forward and to the right in the picture. the one with the pitcher's rubber on it.

Indeed. That is second base.

Off topic, do tou know how hard it is to get to "pitcher's mound" with a girl?