some old corps photos

SCV, Allentown 85. They did this thing with their pants that...well, just look.

UNTITLED67.jpg

My fellow pitheads from 1985-Mike, Anne, Fonda, and Jeff. Yeah, Mike wasn't such a fun guy. Unbelievable set player, though.

UNTITLED61.jpg

Valley Fever, Springfield, MO, 1986.

UNTITLED80.jpg

A shame to see them so small. I have pics of them from the better days. Coming soon!

I can tell you for an honest fact, that image is NOT the Blue Star Cadets. The BSC were a CCI unit that year. Judging from the looks of that image, and the show that image was taken at, I'm willing to think that might be the Guardsmen. The members look very, very young. I know the Guardsmen Cadets were out during that time, too; but that unit looks pretty big for a cadet corps; even by '80s standards.

The only corps, from the '80s that I can remember cranking out huge cadet corps were the Phantom Regiment Cadets.

Edited by shortn'stern

It's the DM uniforms that make me think it's Blue Star Cadets. Guardsmen weren't out tht year. Going with BSC.

It's the DM uniforms that make me think it's Blue Star Cadets. Guardsmen weren't out tht year. Going with BSC.

Tom,

I think that picture is either: Royal Grenadiers, Bandettes, Northmen, or Royalaires. Those are the corps that are in DCI North prelims that year, along with the others that I can identify by eye. So, if that pic os from Ypsilanti, lke the rest, than its got to be one of those.

~G~

Spirit, Springfield, MO 1986.

UNTITLED68.jpg

UNTITLED82.jpg

Madison, same show.

UNTITLED65.jpg

Seattle Imperials. Whitewater 82.

Slide2.jpg

Valley Fever, marching timps and all.

Slide3-1.jpg

Defenders. I loved that drum solo.

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Madison. Slaughter. As good as it gets.

Slide6.jpg

Trust me, I KNOW that image is not the Blue Star Cadets from 1983. After '82, the Blue Stars and Guardsmen had fully functioning cadet corps that carried on until they became the "A" corps again. They ran a story on the Guardsmen and Blue Stars in a 1986 issue of Drum Corps World.

Again, that image may not be the Guardsmen cadets, as that's a large number of individuals on the field.