some old corps photos

A. Kingsmen '78

AKingsmen.jpg

Great photos! It's neat to see Blue Stars' guard using their capes; too bad they ditched them for second tour. And there's Oakland standing in the back, I believe waiting to go on after Kingsmen. Got any of us?

My condolences to you and your family on the passing of your mother. :tongue:

Edited by byline

Tom - Believe it (or not) when we arrived back in the USA (2004) my mother-in-law pulled out my old green satin SCV uniform (the one in the picture) that was sitting in her closet all these years in Seattle. She had my uniform and my two SCV jackets (although the Sparks jacket didn't fit anymore - big surprise there!). Does the SCV Hall have a desire to get these old uniforms back? Let me know.

-Jesse Amador

'66-'72 SCV

I don't know about the uniform, Jesse... when I was working with the B Corps in the '80s they had one of the old Ludwig drums, a black hat with feather and a horn (I think) on display... I fixed up the drum and put the feather in correctly (!) but that was a long time ago and I know the hall has been renovated since then. I would think they should have at least one of the original uniform blouses in the archives, if they don't already. You should give them a call... or email them via the website.

Great photos! It's neat to see Blue Stars' guard using their capes; too bad they ditched them for second tour. And there's Oakland standing in the back, I believe waiting to go on after Kingsmen. Got any of us?

My condolences to you and your family on the passing of your mother. :lol:

Thanks Sue, here's some more photos and yes, I did take a picture of you guys. :thumbup:

Seneca Opt. '78

SenecaO78.jpg

SCV '78

SCV78b.jpg

SCV78a.jpg

Phantom Regiment '78

PR78b.jpg

PR78a.jpg

Oakland Crusaders '78

OaklandCrusaders78.jpg

I think this is 1978 L.I. Kingsmen???

LI.jpg

Crossmen '78

Crossmen78b.jpg

27th Lancers '78

2778b.jpg

2778a.jpg

I have a few more that I will scan and post later....ENJOY!

Sandy - hug3.gif happy to see you! :thumbup:

Hope you're doing OK...

Phantom Regiment '78

PR78b.jpg

PR78a.jpg

Best show ever. PR 78.

By the time Denver rolled around they had gone back to skirts on the guard and the DMs were in red tops again.

To those who don't know, Malibu was responsible for getting my Whitewater pics and slides to CD form so I could post them. Mad props to her, always.

Malibu:

I sent you a PM, but wanted to send my condolences to you and your family here on the forum, as well.

Your mom is the one who made dolls of you and LancerFi in your respective guard uniforms, yes? Stunning talent!

Looking at the photos you posted, I couldn't help but notice 78 Lancers with the dreaded "pom-pons"! :thumbup: That is so wrong on so many levels! LOL!

Thanks for your wonderful photos. And, of course, I send my love to you.

Sally

Thanks for the photos Malibu. They are awesome.

My condolences go out to you and your family. Your in our prayers.

Well folks, my mom passed away on Aug. 7th. As my sister, brothers and I were going through her stuff, I came across some pictures that I took in Allentown in 1978. I have more that I will post up later. Enjoy!

Please accept as we are all drum corps brothers and sisters my condolences. And thank you for sharing the photographs.

Puppet