some old corps photos

I'm not sure how to answer 2 posts at the same time. To Sue, byline, thanks for responding.

To pearlsnaredrummer77, I remember General Butler Vagabonds from the early 1970's.

I checked fromthepressbox and found July 3, 1983. Do you know if the drum major on the left is from Edmonton Crusaders? Just wondering.

The drum major on the left is actually Gary Preddie from Dutch Boy

Hm.... This could be a bit of a mystery. I do remember Dutch Boy being at a show on that leg of the tour with us.... I had one of those seminal drum corps moments at the early July show we did with Dutch Boy. We were unloading and getting our equipment together, and around the corner came Dutch Boy's drumline. They were pretty big in those days and the drumline was huge. They were marching in and they were pretty intense. It was an awesome sight. I was glad to be doing drum corps-one of those moments, y'know. So that might NOT be the Highland Park show. It is likely from the period around July 3 1983. I seem to remember us doing a lot of shows in the Chicago area and many parades. Anyhow, alot of the GBV scores from 1983 are not in "From the Pressbox" probably because they were sponsored by a lot of little circuits that are long deceased. So I bought a run of 1983 Drum Corps World editions off Ebay. I copied out the scores for 83, but unfortunately, I can't acces the file-new computer and the dcw for that week is mia. So now I'm not sure what show that is.... It seems by the trophies and memory

1. Dutch Boy

2. Canadian Knights

3. General Butler Vagabonds

I think I'll go back an edit the photo, so that it reads "July 83" until I can further verify.

The scores for the Highland Park show, which was DCM on July 3@Highland Park

1. Canadian Knights, 64.0

2. General Butler Vagabonds, Pa 50.7

3. Edmonton Crusaders, ALB, 47.3

4. Ridge Raiders, ONT, 41.60

5. Spirit of St. Louis, MO, 29.25

Kingsmen, Il 25.10

After some further research the original picture several pages back was the Franklin Park show-same day as the Highland Park show-scores for Franklin Park are listed now in the original. Anybody confused?

For Jusly 3 1983

The drum major on the left is actually Gary Preddie from Dutch Boy
Edited by pearlsnaredrummer77

General Butler Vagabonds 1983

Fleabag, I'm loving you. It seems there are few "actions shots" of us from that era.

Cymbal player Todd Beatty in front. Snares from left, Kent Barton, Paul Devlin and me. Probably at the end of one of our drum solos. Really weird that we don't have our harnesses under the uniform in that picture-wonder what's up with that????

2corpsphotos8.jpg

27th Lancers

22corpsphotos6076.jpg

27th Lancers

22corpsphotosllI024.jpg

Both photos are from 1976. I played tenor, and of course only 27th Lancer snares and rifles get photographed !