some old corps photos

Susan Taylor may be in this one... but may also be just a bit before her time. I know she wore that uniform, and carried one of those timps!

No I don't think Susan Taylor marched with LaSalle Cadets. She would be too young. Plus these guys expired in the early 70s and had only

just let girls in the guard when that happened. One of my fav corps though.... Exciting! Exciting!

All these pics are slammin'

Yeah Baja let's see your whole toy box.

Edited by Paq

I can't tell you how true that statement is. In my food server days, being able to slide and glide, plus NOT looking at the glass, not only works when walking on a flat floor, it helps when doing stairs, too.

Garry in Vegas

It also helped when delivering "The Zoo" at Farrell's too. Now that would've been a mess.

Polish Falcon Cadets 1971IMG_0014-1.jpgIMG_0013.jpg

I have several photos of each these corps if you want to see them.

SCV

Sacred Heart Crusaders

Madison Scouts

Commodors (I think)

De LaSalle (I'm almost sure)

Cavaliers

Bridgemen

Several I don't knows

Nehi Ambassodors (guessing)

Troopers

Argonne Rebels

Boston Crusaders (I have some really nice shots here)

Would love to see the Bridgemen photos

Anybody have any idea what group the runners were from?

St. Patrick's Shamrocks Drill Team from Stoneham, MA. Taught by Jack Whelan

Thank you. How anyone would know that is amazing to me. But every show would have a similar group as the runner. We had a group called the Marilynettes.

Need some help here on this one. Could it be CMCC Warriors? 1971 WO

That would be the CMCC Warriors a big favorite at the World Open.

Thanks for that. I remember the short DM, that's what pricked my memory. In 1975 our corps shared sleeping quarters in Philly with CMCC. Being from Ohio, it was a bit of a shock. There were whole families, little children and some of the members seemed pretty old. I don't think they were nearly as good in 75 as they were in 71 but I may be wrong about that.

Edited by baja

Yes, I want to see them all! (Not the least bit greedy, am I?) But I especially want to see the De La Salle pix . . . for obvious reasons. :thumbup:

My pleasure. I just didn't want to overdoit. I'll just go down the list and do a couple every day because I am swamped at work.

We were runners at a few drum corps contests. After the second bang of the starters’ pistol at the end of the show, we’d run to our assigned judge. He’d give us paper and we’d run to the secret tabulators’ place that only the runners knew of. ‘No peeking’, they said, which sparked the curiosity of an 11 or 12 year old. I peeked. The sheet had fences. |||| meant good but |||| |||| |||| meant more work required. We’d run back to the field and sit on the benches or chairs which by the way were good seats; no problem hearing the music. Next corps would go on and we’d run again sometimes 5, 10 or 15 times. In school they told us to walk before you run. In drum corps we’d run before we marched :-)

I was a runner at the very first show I ever saw, in 1964...Blessed Sac, St Lucy's, Garfield, Audobon Bon bons, plus more....