some old corps photos

THANKS

first time Iliiana has made this thread methinks

I have some photos, I need to ask my kids how to get them onto photobucket or whatever it is called...

I miss DOD

c:\

Hey, is that the Ford plant in the background?

IllianaLancerContra, did you march with (sorry about he spelling) Terri Serdell?

Another Scouts photo from around same time period, 69, 70? (may be St Paul, looks like Madison's flags)

madison2.jpg

Definitely Madison Scouts. It looks like 1973, early in the season before the switch to the white aussies. There appears to be a double tenor with red drum covers and a tymp with a white M on front, both of which appeared for the first time in '73.

Madison Jr. Scouts

madisonboyscouts1968.jpg

Looks like 1968 Madison Jr. Scouts. Black and silver drums were hand-me-downs from the Explorer Scouts.

Dan, I think you are correct, I also thought the same thing before I posted it. I even started to write St. Paul's name, but, two things stopped me. The photo is listed as Madison Explorer Scouts 1968. I knew Madison wore the West Point uniforms but I could not remember exactly when they went back to the scout uniform so I thought maybe the photo was tagged correctly. What also threw me off was that St. Paul's around this time wore white ties and not scarfs but the drum colors and striping do match St. Paul's.

stpaulscouts.jpg

Fleabag, thats what I recall also. St. Paul Scouts wore white neck ties in the 60s. Madison didn't use them for the entire corps until 1981.

Madison Scouts

madisonlate60s.jpg

Madison Jr. Scouts

madisonboyscouts.jpg

Top: 1967 Madison Explorer Scouts.

Bottom: 1968 Madison Jr. Scouts.

Three years ago I posted these photos I took at DCI North in Ypsolanti, MI in 1991. I rescanned the photos at a higher resolution so they should come out better.

First off Spirit.

SpiritofAtlanta1991atDCINorthYpsila.jpg