some old corps photos

I'm not sure. Looks like a Santa Clara uniform, only blue and black. :tongue:

Two members of Basildon Blue Eagles from England, who marched with Garfield on exchange. (I think). If you get the Legacy DVD for 1980 out you'll see the Garfield silks were doubles, one flag maroon/gold (obv) and one blue and black. I think there was an exchange thing going on, like a sister corps thing, for a year or two. They only wore those unis at retreat.

Two members of Basildon Blue Eagles from England, who marched with Garfield on exchange. (I think). If you get the Legacy DVD for 1980 out you'll see the Garfield silks were doubles, one flag maroon/gold (obv) and one blue and black. I think there was an exchange thing going on, like a sister corps thing, for a year or two. They only wore those unis at retreat.

Thanks. 2 photos I took September 1977 in perhaps Basildon of Basildon Youth Band Basildon Drum and Trumpet Corps, named Blue Eagles shortly thereafter :tongue:

1977-englandshow.jpg

1977-uk1.jpg

Edited by lindap

Retreat at the 1977 contest in perhaps Basildon. I wish I’d taken more photos; we were busy marching in exhibition. We performed at 4 contests that summer, 2 in the UK and 2 in the Nederlands. I hope we represented drum corps well.

1977-uk2-a.jpg

yesterday I searched on this thread for Cadets and got 25 pages. There'd be alot of corps with Cadets in their name, historically speaking. Then I searched Garfield and got 16 pages...umm

1982 program Garfield Cadets ;-) Good times. Who's the 2 in blue?

1982a-cadets-a.jpg

They would indeed be two members of the Blue Eagles from Basildon, Steve Branston and Terry Baldrick. I don't know that they marched in 1980 with Garfield. A few of us went to DCI in 1979 and travelled for a couple of weeks with the several corps.

Steve and Terry stayed with Garfield that year. I got to travel with the Freelancers and the Black Watch from Willingboro New Jersey.

The uniforms were indeed modelled on the Santa Clara Vanguard but in navy blue and the lighter blue. The drum line wore the dark unform, the horn line wore the lighter jackets. The uniform changed again later and became a cadet style uniform when Basildon was winning championships.

The picures posted later on are of the Basildon Drum and Trumpet Corps on parade in our old uniform. We became the Blue Eagles in the late 70's

Saginaires Eagles 1987 (feeder corps)

1987SaginairesEagles.jpg

1987 Northern Aurora

1987NA.jpg

1987 Madison Jr. Scouts

1987MadisonJr.jpg

1987 Glassmen

1987Glassmen.jpg

1987 Garfield Cadets

1987Garfield.jpg

1987 DCM Beer Tent show (nice shot of Caspers DM) New Berlin, WI

Also in Photo, Northern Aurora, Madison Jr. Scouts, Northmen ... and Pioneer

1987DCMShow.jpg

1987 Connexion Quebec

1987ConnexionQuebec.jpg

That's actually Les Eclipses from 1986. Connexion DID wear those uniforms the next year, but with different headgear and with scenery flats.

1987 Unknown Corps (PLEASE HELP!)

unknown.jpg

20th Maine Regiment. Also 86.

Great pics. (Seen them before?)

1987 DCM Beer Tent show (nice shot of Caspers DM) New Berlin, WI

Also in Photo, Northern Aurora, Madison Jr. Scouts, Northmen ... and Pioneer

1987DCMShow.jpg

I think it's important to note that Troopers were the defending champion of the New Berlin Open that season, and succeeded in winning it back-to-back. Kinda like the Lakers but kinda not.

The DM was my friend Tony Monterastelli, takin' home the hardware.

Edited by troopers1