some old corps photos

awesome photo and thank you :beer: this is for you via DCW (Vol.3 No.11) on the 74 site I found today :beer:

1974-dcw-auburn.jpg

Thanks, Linda. I had never seen that one. The guard looks like they mean business! I will have to share it with others on our Facebook site.

Where's little Donny Allen in this pic?

1974PurpleLancersinDivergents.jpg

1974 Auburn Purple Lancers

At our recent reunion in Rochester over DCA weekend, one of my old corpsmates brought this sparkling memory from my best year of competition. This was from our OTL playing "Divergents". We finished tenth accomplishing our goal to become a DCI finalist. We are still the only NYS corps to achieve this.

I remember seeing this on sale at a photo table at a show that season and thought it was a lost memory until the reunion. :beer:

1975 Finleyville Royal Crusaders

76-05-a.jpg

Hehe...I'm in that shot...

tick

Actually, IIRC, this was taken at retreat, so no tick...I don't believe we ever went to 'Parade Rest' during the show...

1974PurpleLancersinDivergents.jpg

1974 Auburn Purple Lancers

At our recent reunion in Rochester over DCA weekend, one of my old corpsmates brought this sparkling memory from my best year of competition. This was from our OTL playing "Divergents". We finished tenth accomplishing our goal to become a DCI finalist. We are still the only NYS corps to achieve this.

I remember seeing this on sale at a photo table at a show that season and thought it was a lost memory until the reunion. :music:

Can't say that I ever saw the Purple Lancers in person, but I heard of them. I'm glad you got a copy and posted this.

The drill, uniform, flags looks pretty much like many of the 70's corps I ever saw.

What is the origin of the name Purple Lancers? :guinesssmilie:

1974 DCI North poster (i gotto go make dinner now, bye :-)

74-dci-north06.jpg

What I notice the most are the faces of the members in these photos Linda. I see intensity, fear, determination and resolve. I also see 14, 15 and 16 year olds. Thanks for taking the time to refresh our memories!